New to me 1994 SC 5 speed...Teal v2.0 :)

This car is one of 820 with this engine tranny combo, I would not jack my 94 five speed up by doing something like that and I kinda doubt that Mr. CaifanSC will. These cars came with a cold air intake from the factory.

Aha! Now I get your user name :)

You would be correct. I wish I could get the supercharger sound from a metal intake system (the MAC is by far my favorite), but I'm going to sacrifice the sound for an OEM look. As you can see in my pic I was able to source an OEM air box & intake hose (correct F4XX part numbers) with the original "SC" sticker. That's going to get cleaned up, remove the K&N sticker and put back in the car with a motorcraft air filter.

As 820 mentioned, technically the stock intake is a "cold air" system as it picks up air from under the car and not from the engine bay. That's good enough for me :).

Ya I originally had the user name of 722, but my Marti report changed that to 820.I was very lucky to have found my car. I saved it from a kid who went with his dad to the bank. When they returned I was putting the paper work in my pocket. I prolly saved his life. Lol! If I do any mods to my car it will be internal with all external mods looking to be factory built. If you do not allready have a Marti report is a nice addition for your car. I think there were 126,000 t bird's sold in 1994. Our cars are few and far between especially if they have not been goofed on. I think I would like to have a five speed anniversery.

I think I would like to have a five speed anniversery.

You and I both brother! I had an anniversary 5speed but it wasn't fully loaded so it wasn't exactly as I wanted it. Kinda what happened with my old teal 94...it fully loaded just like my current one....but automatic so it had to go until I landed this one.

Forgot to mention a couple things

Added the correct ground bolt for the pusher fan relay from this

to this

& swapped out the burned out ARC green connector in the center console. Old one was showing signs of melting.

Last edited:
I like the way you are using correct (as best you can) parts. Keep up the good work. People who are not familiar with this platform just don't get it. I was at a car show and some guy n his ole lady walked by. She asked What my car was. He told her it was a Cadillac as they walked by. She said " but it says thunderbird SC on the bumper" he just kept walking. I smiled at her she knew. Trying to find the simplest part can be just as tough as if it were a hemi cuda. Actualy toughr in my opinion.

I like the way you are using correct (as best you can) parts. Keep up the good work. People who are not familiar with this platform just don't get it. I was at a car show and some guy n his ole lady walked by. She asked What my car was. He told her it was a Cadillac as they walked by. She said " but it says thunderbird SC on the bumper" he just kept walking. I smiled at her she knew. Trying to find the simplest part can be just as tough as if it were a hemi cuda. Actualy toughr in my opinion.

Thank you kindly. Yeah, as these become rarer they seem to attract attention. They're striking cars stock...don't need much to keep them looking good.

Had a couple issues with the car after the shifter install...not related with the install itself, it was just bad timing. Somehow the radiator fan blade was missing the fastener but managed to stay put for a (very) long time. As I was coming back from the airport a couple weeks ago the temps started going up which was unusual. Fast forward a few days and found out that the fan motor installed was the wrong one and that was the reason there was no fastener installed at the end. Details here:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthr...or-fan-motor-failure-amp-replacement-thoughts

New Siemens fan and clip installed.

Coolant topped off, temps back to normal and put some more miles to test the operation of the speedo gear after resetting one more time.

All's good for now!

Last edited:
took out the nimble beast to the surrounding countryside to go pumpkin shopping :). Cooling issue 100% resolved...now to tackle that intermittent no start. I have a feeling it's the ignition switch. Will be ordering new Motorcraft switch & Clutch Pedal Position sensor just in case. Unless there is some sort of break in the circuit, one of those has to be the fix to the intermittent issue.

Nice fall drive...I've driven the bimmers to this same area and the SC simply feels ....different. I digs.

Last edited:
My 94 will do the same thing. Post up what you find out. I don't have the time to mess with it. I am doing up an old iron head sporty that I have. Bikes love em. My Grand father rode and I was lucky enough to have rode beside him when I was a kid.

I pulled my car out so I could powder coat some more bike parts. When I went to pull it back in it did it again. I carefully shoved the clutch down harder after a few failed start attempts. It cranked right up. I just think maybe my safety switch is out of adjustment. Its going to be a while before I mess with it unless I get a wild hair.

I'm starting to wonder if this is a blessing on 94 cars ;)

I got the same finicky pedal behavior on my old black 94 and on the Teal when it acts up. However, on my old 94 I remember changing the Clutch Pedal Position sensor and the problem didn't go away...that's why I wanted to try both CPP & ignition switch this time. Will keep ya posted!

PS: in case you want to see my old post about this:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?90642-No-start-condition-related-to-clutch-pedal

I had to make the switch mount on mine. ( the plastic clip) my safety switch had been by passed and at the time I was not able to find a replacement. So I made one. I have since found the clip but have never changed it out. I may change this winter----- maybe. My bike comes first. I will read your old post. My car has some funky aftermarket alarm that had been hacked into the fuse block and other places. I thought maybe I missed something. But not since you are having the same problem.

I had to make the switch mount on mine. ( the plastic clip) my safety switch had been by passed and at the time I was not able to find a replacement. So I made one. I have since found the clip but have never changed it out. I may change this winter----- maybe. My bike comes first. I will read your old post. My car has some funky aftermarket alarm that had been hacked into the fuse block and other places. I thought maybe I missed something. But not since you are having the same problem.

Can you post a picture of the switch mount you fabbed up?

My uncle passed, so i won't post the pic till all things go back to normal. Prolly this weekend sometime. It almost acts like corrosion or arcing on the switch itself.

My uncle passed, so i won't post the pic till all things go back to normal. Prolly this weekend sometime. It almost acts like corrosion or arcing on the switch itself.

Dag, sorry to hear that my friend. No rush, I was just curious as to how you fabbed it up.

I've got the ignition switch & CPP sensors on their way from Rock Auto...will keep ya posted.

Dag, sorry to hear that my friend. No rush, I was just curious as to how you fabbed it up.

I've got the ignition switch & CPP sensors on their way from Rock Auto...will keep ya posted.

Thank you. I will do my best to get you a couple of pics.

long live the teal 5-spd SC!!

love the care and attention to detail you are giving this car!
keep up the good work! its inspiring me to put some more TLC into mine.

so few 94 5-speeds around anymore, and hardly any are teal.

here is mine - had her since Oct 2nd, 1997.
unfortunately she hasn't moved in 6 years but this winter I will take the time to fix the problems and get her on the road in the spring!

Attachments

• IMG_20140824_140834 (1024x576).jpg
    IMG_20140824_140834 (1024x576).jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 291
This is the bracket I made. Hope you can make it out. I will take it off when I get the chance.

love the care and attention to detail you are giving this car!
keep up the good work! its inspiring me to put some more TLC into mine.

so few 94 5-speeds around anymore, and hardly any are teal.

here is mine - had her since Oct 2nd, 1997.
unfortunately she hasn't moved in 6 years but this winter I will take the time to fix the problems and get her on the road in the spring!

Teal Team represent! :) Too bad mine is currently out of commission. Had a close call with a deer during the weekend....bambi was spared but after hard braking I noticed the pedal went to the floor. Turns out I have a pinhole leak in one of my brake lines. Hoping to have time this weekend.

Looks like the pic didn't load. I hate this sh#$

Send me a PM I'll host it for ya.

Last edited:
Back