How Many People Would Buy A K-member

I would be very interested just for additional space around the engine.
Yet, it would probably be worth $150 to me tops. I couldn't justify $300+.

due tell, im still going to get one of these things. one of these days.

You have to have them setup to accept the lower control arm first off. Then, you will have to use another piece of tubing with heims on both ends. By using one at the factory mounting point and one connecting to the frame at the front of the K, you can use the factory lower arm.

Chris

I have a couple of them..

I would be very interested just for additional space around the engine.
Yet, it would probably be worth $150 to me tops. I couldn't justify $300+.

First off, you will need to spend double what you have posted to get one. Whne I put it on the car there were a few parts issues, but a simple phone call took care of that. I can say that it really opens up the bottom of the car for headers and other things that just might be needed... The weight issue is also a good point. There is a lot of iron on that stocker....Rich
P.S. if there is a question on how strong it is, well I have one under a big block and it has been up on two wheels a few times and it still has not bent it that I can tell....Rich

You have to have them setup to accept the lower control arm first off. Then, you will have to use another piece of tubing with heims on both ends. By using one at the factory mounting point and one connecting to the frame at the front of the K, you can use the factory lower arm.

Chris

pictures are worth 1000 words, im still confused as to how that would work out, but ive also never taken a look at one of these tubular k's before

I cant show you. I did not use the factory owers on mine. I used the AJE setup. Maybe I will do this on my next one.......I am SOOOOOOO behind schedule.

Chris

but you where saying the stock front lower control arms work on the tubular k?

with ssome coaxing

Yes. I am 100% sure I could make the stockers work with a tubular K. However, I saw my car for the first time in two weeks yesterday. Before that, I put the AJE in the car (probably in January) so I have a scarce amont of down time.

Chris

I've been debating getting one for my SC project with the DOHC so I could drop it a little, and also see if I have any room to move it rear-ward.

Don't know if I can drop it any or not.

they still sell this item also?

i might be intersted in one, being as a ball joint type low control arm could be utilized

Here is a 79-08 stang roadrace K-Member from jme enterprises.
Maybe they could adapt to your sc bird,
if your looking for the bling factor.

Randy

Attachments

• sla.jpg
    sla.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Back