Support group

Definitely sounds like an ignition switch issue. Pull the trim down around the column and have a look at the switch, as well as the wiring. I had one fail before where the wiring was somewhat burnt up at the connector, and wouldn't make a good contact, and it caused all kinds of weird intermittent electrical gremlins.

Definitely sounds like an ignition switch issue. Pull the trim down around the column and have a look at the switch, as well as the wiring. I had one fail before where the wiring was somewhat burnt up at the connector, and wouldn't make a good contact, and it caused all kinds of weird intermittent electrical gremlins.

Yeah I got a motorcraft in order and got the warranty starter just in case. I hope this turns back on the parking lights but I don't see the wiring correlation other than it all failed at the same time.

Yeah I got a motorcraft in order and got the warranty starter just in case. I hope this turns back on the parking lights but I don't see the wiring correlation other than it all failed at the same time.

It likely will....bad ignition switch will selectively choose what you're not allowed to enjoy anymore. One time for me (fortunately you don't have an early model SC....) it was the turn signals and the BRAKES. I found out while coasting around a sharp turn towards a stoplight....good thing the e-brake worked in that car..... :eek:

Some of you are lucky to have them.
I can't be adding one with the frequency I would use it. Take that back I'd be needing it every day at this rate

I've driven my SC on 3 Hot Rod Power Tour long hauls totalling thousands of miles, but I won't race the car 30 miles from home without a trailer. It's not that it breaks down a lot, I just don't enjoy racing if I have to worry about getting back home.

David

body kit

Ricardo1 - Hey I'm new to the sccoa family. This is my second tbird, but my first time registering. Would you mind sharing with me what kind of front spoiler you have on your blue 94 SC? Ive checked Xenon and couple of others and no luck. I really like the body kit on your car and would love to purchase one for mine.

Respectfully Bro.,

Ricardo1 - Hey I'm new to the sccoa family. This is my second tbird, but my first time registering. Would you mind sharing with me what kind of front spoiler you have on your blue 94 SC? Ive checked Xenon and couple of others and no luck. I really like the body kit on your car and would love to purchase one for mine.

Respectfully Bro.,

It was made by a company called Kobel and they went out of business a while ago. You won't find them used cause they were made from hard plastic and they shatter on impact.

Well tore the bottom of the dash apart, and just like magic things start to work as they should.

The lights never worked so I focused on it. Took out the 10amp fuse 3 times and it looked good. The ford dealer alarm made the lights work!!!! So it had to be the switch I though, then I decided to change the fuse for another one that had a different bridge design and I got my lights back. Before that I played with the ignition switch and all looks goo, went though all of the positions, I wanted to just replace the switch with the autozone onthat was in stock, But didn't like the way it was sliding it seems to bind, the ford one stops at each gate well. Going to bet it's the alarm system acting up, I will replace the switch with a motorcraft one for insurance, but I have a hunch the alarm jolted and did something to the parking lights and ignition kill relay. I think I will need to toss it and return all of the ignition wires to factory, it's a splice nightmare I think a 9yo kid was in charge of my installation back in 1994.

Well tore the bottom of the dash apart, and just like magic things start to work as they should.

The lights never worked so I focused on it. Took out the 10amp fuse 3 times and it looked good. The ford dealer alarm made the lights work!!!! So it had to be the switch I though, then I decided to change the fuse for another one that had a different bridge design and I got my lights back. Before that I played with the ignition switch and all looks goo, went though all of the positions, I wanted to just replace the switch with the autozone onthat was in stock, But didn't like the way it was sliding it seems to bind, the ford one stops at each gate well. Going to bet it's the alarm system acting up, I will replace the switch with a motorcraft one for insurance, but I have a hunch the alarm jolted and did something to the parking lights and ignition kill relay. I think I will need to toss it and return all of the ignition wires to factory, it's a splice nightmare I think a 9yo kid was in charge of my installation back in 1994.
I wasn't aware it had an alarm bro. yeah the alarm valet switch could be the culprit or a number of other things with an alarm. I never installed alarms back when i was doing stereo installs but i would completely disable it if you can

We went thru this many years ago. Remeber Rico? I found one of my crimps was bad on the ford alarm. I never lost lights but I lost cranking. No one wants....... errr nevermind. Bad juju there.

Yeah I plan on eliminating it but there is no more radio shack near me I am out of solder wire. So had to leave it alone, not going to crimp. There are wires going everywhere so I will need to spend some hours on this. But again no time.

Add to the list power window switch is busted how will I grab toll tickets.

And my horn pad is literally melting like chucky in acid. Not sure if the chemicals from the air bag leaked or what, but it's all sticky and rubbery, this is a hard to find item.

Key cylinders are frozen.

And still wanted to figure out drive line angles. Need help with this. What do you guys use to check pinion angles to trans. Where do you measure and what to use

w t f guys this car goes bad faster than I can address them.

Last edited:
Add to the list power window switch is busted how will I grab toll tickets.
From the working window on the truck pulling the trailer.

this car goes bad faster than I can address them.

Get out while you can...trade it for a mule, then shoot the mule.

As part of this support group - send me a picture of what window switches you need and I will send them your way. :D

-Tim

Back