Support group

some help for you...

Yeah I plan on eliminating it but there is no more radio shack near me I am out of solder wire. So had to leave it alone, not going to crimp. There are wires going everywhere so I will need to spend some hours on this. But again no time.

Napa or ace hardware has solder for your repair

And my horn pad is literally melting like chucky in acid. Not sure if the chemicals from the air bag leaked or what, but it's all sticky and rubbery, this is a hard to find item.

I can bring an "air bag" from a 1990 s.c. if you want?? If it fits it is yours... you tell me....Rich

Well ~~~~, this thread is timely. Thanks for being brave enough to post it.

Tom it's ok with the moral help we can all get through this.

Dave,

I was able to download the TREMEC toolbox app and it has the digital leveler. Thanks

I think there is a good spot on the m5r2 after the mount. I'll see what's up when I have a chance maybe the k member, motor mounts, solid this and that has jacked it all up. If not the driveshaft will need to come out for a balance. iDK. This is not common procedure for the sc guys guys it seems. Are you guys living with vibes or not going to high enough cruising speeds where it don't matter to you?

Window switches are pulled for ya...also the early model sway bay you asked for via text.

I have a few 94/95 SC air bags but similar to what you described they feel sticky or tacky to the touch. Now...the parts cars I have as you saw sit over in a woods with 100s of other junk cars so it could be for being dirty? Next trip over I will take some cleaner and see what I can come up with.

I'll send this stuff via Vining to the Shootout...and well that fixed 2/3s of your complaints :D

-Tim

Window switches are pulled for ya...also the early model sway bay you asked for via text.

I have a few 94/95 SC air bags but similar to what you described they feel sticky or tacky to the touch. Now...the parts cars I have as you saw sit over in a woods with 100s of other junk cars so it could be for being dirty? Next trip over I will take some cleaner and see what I can come up with.

I'll send this stuff via Vining to the Shootout...and well that fixed 2/3s of your complaints :D

-Tim

Thanks Tim, I don't know what caused this melting effect, car has been indoors since I was able to afford a house with a garage. And it was indoors at Daves shop. Is anyone else experiencing this tackiness on the plastic surface of the airbag? I wonder what is causing it to prevent it in the future in case I find a replacement. The plastic is literally deteriorating I don't think its grime, you can scoop material off with your finger nail.

Do you want the 89s because they are hollow and lighter?

I want to get a smoother ride but still have strong handling and the earlier bars provided that, 89 rear was the best it seems, but got soft past that. Lighter hollow bars are just a plus but not the first reason.

Keep in mind.

The 89-91 SC front bars were the same size.

89-91 front = 1.20''
92 front = 1.12"

89 rear = 1.10"
90 rear = 1.04"

Although my anniversary felt fine.

I want to get a smoother ride but still have strong handling and the earlier bars provided that, 89 rear was the best it seems, but got soft past that. Lighter hollow bars are just a plus but not the first reason.

Keep in mind.

The 89-91 SC front bars were the same size.

89-91 front = 1.20''
92 front = 1.12"

89 rear = 1.10"
90 rear = 1.04"

Although my anniversary felt fine.

qa1 coil overs

Thanks for posting!

I just read this whole thread. Really needed this. I've never met you but I've read many of your threads and admired your commitment to pushing the envelope..be it the hood you fabbed or trying the jaguar blower rotor thing. Going to boost the battery in the SC and go for a spin. It's not perfect but it deserves attention. I don't like crawling under a car and playing what's that noise/leak/ smell?- as much as I used to. 2 months ago it was the window motors..now the snout..I swear if ever get a tat it'll be "it's always something" The SC is alot like life...ups/downs, set backs, proud moments, embarrasments ...rarely easy--but it's unique and yours alone. If it was easy everyone would be doing it. Best of luck. I hope you have many proud moments at the shootout!

I just read this whole thread. Really needed this. I've never met you but I've read many of your threads and admired your commitment to pushing the envelope..be it the hood you fabbed or trying the jaguar blower rotor thing. Going to boost the battery in the SC and go for a spin. It's not perfect but it deserves attention. I don't like crawling under a car and playing what's that noise/leak/ smell?- as much as I used to. 2 months ago it was the window motors..now the snout..I swear if ever get a tat it'll be "it's always something" The SC is alot like life...ups/downs, set backs, proud moments, embarrasments ...rarely easy--but it's unique and yours alone. If it was easy everyone would be doing it. Best of luck. I hope you have many proud moments at the shootout!

Thanks for the props, what's your name?

Back