Newbie in Lititz

needs some work

she needs a lot of work but is still has good bones. My first mod is to add some soap and wax.sc bird1.jpg

old owner

no he didn't , but he has some cool stuff to tinker with. I brought it home and on the way it started bucking and just shut off going down the road. Two seconds later tach came back up and poof I have power. I think the gremlins have started lol.

no he didn't , but he has some cool stuff to tinker with. I brought it home and on the way it started bucking and just shut off going down the road. Two seconds later tach came back up and poof I have power. I think the gremlins have started lol.

Welcome from PA. Your problem is probably related to a separating ignition switch or a failing DIS module. Car looks nice!

dis module?

I keep hearing about the dis module. What the heck is it? All the cars I ever wrenched on had coil,carb and dist. lol. Off I went. Computers,dis mod dat mod I think I may have quite a bit to learn. I also called about getting a clutch put in. Wasn't ready for a $750 bill for that, but that's the price of having toys I guess.

I keep hearing about the dis module. What the heck is it? All the cars I ever wrenched on had coil,carb and dist. lol. Off I went. Computers,dis mod dat mod I think I may have quite a bit to learn. I also called about getting a clutch put in. Wasn't ready for a $750 bill for that, but that's the price of having toys I guess.

it is called an ignition module, and it sits on top of the ac compresor right in front of the oil cap. it is grey in color and has a connector on each side. our cars have a distributless ignition system, crank sensor and cam sensor and the ignition module coincide with one another, use the search function, it will help you a lot.

ign mod

Thanks for describing to me exactly what I am to be looking for when I pop the hood .I just want to make sure this is the part number I need. Motorcraft DY1075. If anyone could shed some light that would be a great help.

Thanks for describing to me exactly what I am to be looking for when I pop the hood .I just want to make sure this is the part number I need. Motorcraft DY1075. If anyone could shed some light that would be a great help.

Can't guarantee it. I would suggest either asking an auto parts store to test it or ruling out the ignition switch first. Also, are there any trouble codes?

well today I took her to the garage. The clutch was on its last leg so going to have that done along with pressure plate. throw out bearing. also decided to have the slave cylinder replaced as well. since the mechanic is in that far I figure why not check the rear main as well

As for codes the light comes on and then goes out within a minute or two. I will take the module to get tested when the car is back home.

Back