SCCoA Member
CAR IS SOLD!!!!

1995 Thunderbird SC
Pearl White
Automatic
Gray Leather Interior
105k miles on odometer, actual mileage unknown
Price: $2800

This car should make a great daily driver and/or a very good candidate for a total restoration – especially since part of the process is already done! Let me know if you have any questions or specific pictures you would like to see. I’m willing to deliver or meet part way, depending on the distance – so if you really like the car, don’t hesitate to ask. Car is located in New Albany, IN.

Interior:
Odometer gear is broken and has been for awhile, so I'm not sure of the mileage unfortunately. It does have the correct 145mph speedometer in it that works great except for "sticking" at low mph for a few seconds sometimes The front gray leather seats were a little torn-up, hence the blue seats. The buyer can have all the leather seats, and/or a full set of blue cloth (non-folddown) included with the car. The blue seats have no tears, only a little fading from the sun. The carpet has some stains that should come out with another cleaning or two. Dash has no cracks. Sunroof does not leak. Rear fold-down is not cracked or split in the typical places. Has a dual-gauge A-pillar with boost and coolant temperature (factory coolant temp is disabled).

Transmission:
Transmission is low-miles since rebuild (I think around 20k or so) - and it feels like it too! I really like the way the transmission feels – just about perfect.

Engine:
Engine runs great and strong! I haven’t had any problems with it. The PS pump leaks a little bit, but other than that, no oil, refrigerant, or coolant leaks. Has a new radiator, A/C is charged and works well, has a 5% overdrive SCP jackshaft pulley and the late-model supercharger. Also has aftermarket exhaust. It has a good tone that some people really like, but for a long trip, it may seem a bit loud. This combination of performance parts really makes the car feel very strong

Suspension/Brakes:
Front and rear suspension were rebuilt with new parts by previous owner - I would guess around 1-2 years ago. It feels nice and tight, but does occasionally have a squeak/light clunk that I haven't looked into yet – hopefully I will have this taken care of soon however. It's lowered with Eibach drop springs, has KYB shocks, and has been converted to the Mustang bolt-pattern. The front hubs do not have the ABS reluctor ring, so the ABS and traction control lights stay on whenever the car is driven. It has brand new stock-sized brakes on the front and has larger Cobra drilled/slotted rotors on the back. Right now, there are 2007 Mustang wheels on it, which I'm not too crazy about...I wish I could have bought the wheels the previous owner had (in the first picture), it really makes the car stand out. The tires are okay - probably will last safely until next spring or summer.

Exterior:
Headlights have been converted to the HID bulbs with the 96/97 T-bird housings and work really well, paint really shines when clean, except for the roof and spoiler, where the clearcoat is faded/flaking. There are a few other small blemishes in the paint that I have pictures of, if interested. The only two that are really noticeable are due to some punk kids throwing a couple of eggs at the car years ago – see pictures. Overall, the body is very straight with only a couple of barely-noticable dents. It was a Texas car, so there is NO RUST! Not even in the typical places....it's as solid as they come! I can honestly say that it looks very nice from 10ft away - especially in the sunshine – the paint really shines and stands out.

Overall, the car rides and drives great and I've fixed several little things since I have bought it, so it's shaping up into a nice SC. There are several things I like better about these later model SC's, so if it was just me, I would probably consider keeping it. However, we are selling because my wife doesn't like it as much as I had hoped she would (we ended up buying her old red sc back!) plus, we have a little one on the way and should probably get a 4-door for the daily driver. We were planning a vacation / business trip to Houston, then Florida, so we bought this car instead of renting.  It handled the drive from Houston, to Florida, to Indiana just fine this summer.

Here is a link to the previous owner’s for-sale ad: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121417&highlight=pearl

*If the sun ever comes back out, I'll get some sunshine pictures...*

Attachments

• DSC00855.JPG
    DSC00855.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 5,357
  • 100_1955.jpg
    100_1955.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 1,902
  • 100_1919.jpg
    100_1919.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 2,976
  • 100_1922.jpg
    100_1922.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 1,985
  • 100_1942.jpg
    100_1942.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 1,541
Last edited:
Here's a look at some of the usual rust-prone spots....so purdy...

Attachments

• 100_1947.jpg
    100_1947.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 932
  • 100_1948.jpg
    100_1948.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 1,018
  • 100_1952.jpg
    100_1952.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 901
  • 100_1958.jpg
    100_1958.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 983
  • 100_1950.jpg
    100_1950.jpg
    404.4 KB · Views: 934
Here's the more noticeable blemishes....

Attachments

• 100_1931.jpg
    100_1931.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 853
  • 100_1924.jpg
    100_1924.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 823
  • 100_1932.jpg
    100_1932.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 954
  • 100_1933.jpg
    100_1933.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 883
  • 100_1927.jpg
    100_1927.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 870
Mike Manzo!

I ended up with a black 93 that you used to own several years ago! It was pretty much destroyed in a tornado though... parts of it still live on in my black car though...small world!

I wish I could have gotten the wheels too. :rolleyes: I'd be asking alot more though!

Yeah, I hope the SC curse was sent back to Oz in that tornado... If you know my history with my cars, you'd think I'd be running from these things. However, I'm looking to do a resto-mod using a 94-95 as a starting point.

I have a turn-key 04 Cobra crate engine... Blower to pan complete with only a few minutes of actual run time on the clock. Still has the handle attached from the Ford assembly line.

Needless to say my 94 is too rusty underneath and has seen better days, so here I am.

I will be shooting for a 550-600hp beast using a 2.3L whipple that I've got sitting around that I was going to use on my 03 Cobra, but I feel this project is far more worthy.

Shoot me a PM if you decide to part with it for less...

Do you have the stock wheels still? I love the car and am really thinking about it. Brian

I have an extra set of 94/95 SC wheels that need repainted, but the car currently has the Mustang bolt pattern, so the stock SC wheels will not fit. I have been considering converting it back to T-bird bolt pattern, which wouldn't be too hard, but alot of people prefer the Mustang bolt pattern since wheel selection is much wider.

I've been looking for a nicer set of Mustang wheels for a reasonable price. If I find them, the asking price will probably go up a little bit. :D

Brian (same goes for anyone), if you have an idea for some type of deal, PM me. I might be willing to swap some parts around for little or no charge, depending on what you want.

Hate to see it didn't work out for your family.

Good luck with the sale, this is a beautiful car and treated me well the 9 years I owned it.

Back