Mustang vs sc?

3.73s, S-port blower, and supporting inlet mods; or MPX; or Cam/Heads and ported blower. Going need need more fuel too and built transmission.

Very similar to what I have.

The 2010 gt only has the 3v 4.6L so it's not as bad as beating a coyote. Whatever it takes to run about a 13.5 sec 1/4 should do it.I would think at minimum injectors, gen 2 S ported blower, good cold air intake with a bigger maf and throttle body with a tune. It might even take heads and cam to get there, but Dalke would know for sure.

Alot more modifications than anyone has mentioned so far. Imo you would have to be in the 350 to 400 rwhp range to get it done.

Alot more modifications than anyone has mentioned so far. Imo you would have to be in the 350 to 400 rwhp range to get it done.
the 2010 isn't that fast. It only has 320 HP at the motor I believe and they weigh about 3700 pounds so the SC with 300 wheel HP and some weight shaved off would get it done easily.

the 2010 isn't that fast. It only has 320 HP at the motor I believe and they weigh about 3700 pounds so the SC with 300 wheel HP and some weight shaved off would get it done easily.
none of the previous comments mention anything that will get an sc to even 300 rwhp. It takes heads, cam, at least an s port, fmic, injectors, fuel pump, exhaust and a good tune to put down 300 out of one of these cars. An sc with a few bolt ons is not going to make 300 rwhp. Not to mention my car has tons of things done to lighten it and it still weighs almost 3900 lbs fully dressed.

Last edited:
I mentioned all that except for fuel pump,exhaust and fmic/ double ic, which the fuel pump and exhaust I thought was a given. Mine is about 3900 with 0 weight reduction and I've seen 3700 lbs and some change with just mark VIII lca's and a fiberglass hood. My car is easily in the high 13's if not a contender for mid 13's which will beat about 90% of 2010 mustang gt drivers given that most can't pilot the cars to their optimum 1/4 mile times(13.5-13.7).

Last edited:

How many five year old mustangs are still factory stock? For the amount of work it takes to make a super coupe quick the same amount put into almost any other car and you would be capable of space travel.

Last edited:
Dave reread my post.

Also the 2010 only had 315HP BHP.

I listed my basic mods and out run cars in this HP range. IF you get a SC to 300RWHP then your looking at times in the 12s--would mean ~360BHP and we're not even looking at the torque difference between an SC and 4.6.

Stock Mustang yes I doubt it, most likely has appearance mods and a Hot air intake.

Dave reread my post.

Also the 2010 only had 315HP BHP.

I listed my basic mods and out run cars in this HP range. IF you get a SC to 300RWHP then your looking at times in the 12s--would mean ~360BHP and we're not even looking at the torque difference between an SC and 4.6.

Stock Mustang yes I doubt it, most likely has appearance mods and a Hot air intake.

I just googled an et calculator. This was for poo and gigles. A 4,000lbs car with 300 rwhp will complete the quarter mile in 13.8 seconds. I guess mid 13s. What time does your car post? Again this was for fun.

you can actually purchase a 2010Mustang GT for probably less than it would cost you to make your Thunderbird as fast as one

you can actually purchase a 2010Mustang GT for probably less than it would cost you to make your Thunderbird as fast as one
Mainly because 2010 gt is the red headed step child of Mustangs with the new body and old power plant that makes nearly 100 less HP, they sat on dealer lots for a long time when they were released. I still enjoy pulling up next to a sports car with my nearly 4,000 pound "luxury" car and smoking them. I still have cheap insurance and decent mileage.

I've ripped a$$ on them 2010 gt's with only 276rwhp, for what its worth the 2010s only make about 250rwhp with no work done to them

My uncle has a 2010 Mustang GT with 3.73s. He likes the car, but he doesn't drive fast. Also a cousin of mine has an 07 GT with the factory 3.31 rear. I've driven both cars, and while I never ran them down the track, I was very disappointed with the 3V. My SC would easily spank both of them, and honestly my MarkVIII with a 5-speed swap, 3.73s, Cobra intake, and a tune felt about the same as the 07.

Motor trend had a 2010 gt with track pack at 4.9 60 ft time and a quarter mile at 13.5. Give it a go and dee what he has. Do this at a track with timing of course, otherwise you will learn very little.

a stock 3v mustang untuned is very upsetting, pour the timing in her and they pick up very nicely

stock for stock the 3v is still the most efficient stock head for the old modulars

An internally stock SC can take a stock '10 GT. You'll need a good blower with about 17psi, a FMIC, supporting fuel mods, an exhaust of some sort, and a tune. Heads and cam and it'll take a Coyote.

Back