holy cow we all better run and hide..

pro street rich

Today they released the power output on the dodge demon... stage one 700 ish stage two 815 ish, and stage three 1023.... yes over 1000 hp and you are covered.... This has got to be CRAZY....

Considering the 1000hp requires a different PCM and 100 octane fuel, I kind of doubt there would be any warranty coverage in that mode.

Still completely ridiculous though. Any word on a price for this beast?

wrong on that part..

Considering the 1000hp requires a different PCM and 100 octane fuel, I kind of doubt there would be any warranty coverage in that mode.

Still completely ridiculous though. Any word on a price for this beast?

they are standing behind it 100% same coverage as any other dodge they sell.. YES FULL coverage and now the car has been banned by NHRA as too fast for he track??? no cage and too fast on mph as well. I will watch for the price book to come out, but they are only going to make 3000 of these things.. and you get a free day at the driving school with every one as well.... Rich

So many factory cars making 600, 700 now 1000 makes me wonder why I try so hard to make a poor 500+ HP on my car.

Ken

more info on this..

they will all have a surcharge on them, as does the Shelby gt350's. the dealers will make up these cars WAY OVER sticker. there is only 3000 going to get built and that is not one for every dealer so get ready to pay the price... Now if you do a search there is a lot more info all over the net so go looking and start saving your $$$$$$$$ if you want one... Yes street legal and 1000 + hp... did someone say "pay thru the nose" for not only the car, but the insurance... which by the way only comes from Hagerty at this time...good luck.....Rich

So what is the point to all this HP

You can't drive it legally on the drag strip without getting kicked out for being to fast, it is going to cost a fortune to purchase and insure it, and will only be available in limited quantities, which means only those with very deep pockets will be able to afford one, which are the same people that could afford any car they wanted in the first place.

It is cool, factory backed with warranty and all, but really don't see the point anymore other than to say you have a 1000HP capable car from the Dodge factory floor with a warranty!

It is cool, factory backed with warranty and all, but really don't see the point anymore other than to say you have a 1000HP capable car from the Dodge factory floor with a warranty!

I think that is the point really. The average dude wants "Horsepower" and "0-60mph"...not that it wouldn't be stupid fast too. :rolleyes:

I think it's hilarious that they "include" one "free" day at driving school too....lol

I think it's hilarious that they "include" one "free" day at driving school too....lol

Also includes:

The Demon comes with a set of nearly-slick 12.6-inch-wide Nitto drag radials and a few electronic tricks to wring everything it can out of them. First, there's a line lock system like the Ford Mustang offers to enable easy burnouts to warm up the rubber. Then there’s a steering wheel paddle-activated transmission brake for quicker and more powerful launches, an active suspension system that encourages the car to squat on its rear wheels under acceleration, and a traction control system programmed to manage wheel hop without you needing to lift off the gas.

Dodge took 200 pounds out of it by swapping in a few lightweight components, like aluminum brake calipers and open end lug nuts, but mostly by ripping out some carpeting and sound insulation, the parking sensors, 16 speakers and all of the seats except for the driver’s. Old school.That is if you’re not too concerned about those last couple of tenths at the track.

If you are, you’ll definitely want to order the optional Demon Crate.The goodie box comes with that engine controller, a set of skinny front-runner drag wheels, a hydraulic floor jack and cordless impact wrench to change them with, plus a tool kit and other Demon-branded accessories to help you turn your car into an even more focused racer at the strip.

From the article I read the HP is only achieve with the extra parts you get-that are not installed at the factory.

So the way I'd see it is you pay the premium to buy then pay again to get the goodies installed.

I did read somewhere that the got one deep into the 9's 9.6 or 9.8's during testing on factory tires WOW! I'm not a dodge guy but if I had the money Id have one.

time to turn up the boost

So many factory cars making 600, 700 now 1000 makes me wonder why I try so hard to make a poor 500+ HP on my car.

Ken

Ken, I guess it is time to turn up the boost control to just try to keep up with this.. I guess I got to retune my junk to try to even stay in the same zip code...lol.....Rich

Ken, I guess it is time to turn up the boost control to just try to keep up with this.. I guess I got to retune my junk to try to even stay in the same zip code...lol.....Rich

I donk know Rich Getting tired of chasing HP. Ive gone through 3 diffrent M90 configurations, 1 M112, 1 Whipple twin screw and now on my second configuration of the twin turbo. I think what ever it makes this time will be it. Really want to drive it more than I work on it. 500 RWHP on the street is more than the tires can handle anyway. I will just avoid hellcats and demons. Im sure someone will come out with a dragon next making 2000 hp:)

Ken

i think you are right on that..

I donk know Rich Getting tired of chasing HP. Ive gone through 3 diffrent M90 configurations, 1 M112, 1 Whipple twin screw and now on my second configuration of the twin turbo. I think what ever it makes this time will be it. Really want to drive it more than I work on it. 500 RWHP on the street is more than the tires can handle anyway. I will just avoid hellcats and demons. Im sure someone will come out with a dragon next making 2000 hp:)

Ken

I just saw pic's of some monster that Dave D just finished that has numbers all around that.. someone is going to have one very wild sc coming down the line....Rich

you are correct

All these young guys are going to pass me by. :rolleyes:

Ken

some of these younger one's are going to take us "old school" guys to school... BUT I think that even thou there is snow on the roof there is still a burning fire in the furnace... So with that being said, they still better look over their back because I can hear foot steps coming on strong and fast....Rich p.s. I guess I will have to turn up the boost myself...lol....Rich

Pretty bad ~~~. Speaking of this car, anybody have experience with the 18" drag radials? How about on a lowere car with 275 40s? MT specifies this size as 28" diameter which doesn't match what the formula says.

Back