Got my 91 SC professionally detailed yesterday.

Anyone who knows me is aware of how much I hate washing my cars. Forget about waxing them or cleaning the interior that only happens if my wife does it. After installing a new drive shaft and more recently a new set of wires and plugs to get rid of a high rpm misfire, it was looking pretty dirty. So when Kathy asked what I wanted for Father's Day I told her I wanted to get my 91 SC professionally detailed.

The guy did the interior including the cloth seats and carpet, some type of three step deal to the exterior paint that included clay bar some wax stuff, buffers and carnauba wax. It's the first time in 6 years the rubber has all been removed from the rear fenders. He also hand cleaned everything under the hood. It came out looking great and it was the perfect gift. Here is a video I took after picking it up last night.

David

David, where did you get the center caps? Mine won't fit with axles which are proud

David, where did you get the center caps? Mine won't fit with axles which are proud

Jon,

The center caps are the ones that came with the wheels and I added SC stickers to them. Easiest way to fix the issue you are having is to cut off about 1/4" from the axle shaft.

David

Jon,

The center caps are the ones that came with the wheels and I added SC stickers to them. Easiest way to fix the issue you are having is to cut off about 1/4" from the axle shaft.

David

The easiest way would be to install just enough thickness of a spacer to allow the caps to fit, probably a 1/16" or 1/8" wouldn't hurt anything since you're running +36 offset rims. I run Mustang +24 and they fit fine on the rear, the fronts do stick out just a tad but I'm ok with it.

The easiest way would be to install just enough thickness of a spacer to allow the caps to fit, probably a 1/16" or 1/8" wouldn't hurt anything since you're running +36 offset rims. I run Mustang +24 and they fit fine on the rear, the fronts do stick out just a tad but I'm ok with it.

Kieth, good gouge. Recommendation on a source for the spacers?

I had problem as well with my speedstars. The custom wheel shop sent me some replacement center caps that looked like they were 3d printed parts. They still didnt fit. I found that if i drilled a hole through 3-d printed version, applied some 3m trim tape (cutting out around the hole), then applied the "metal decal" it worked.

Hope this helps,
Derek

Nice little space you got there, you call that the "bird nest"? ;)

I want one of those Anniversary covers, but I can't find one for sale..

If you see one for sale, let me know please..

Rayo..

I want one of those Anniversary covers, but I can't find one for sale..

If you see one for sale, let me know please..

Rayo..

Rayo,

Just post something on the FB pages and on the Want To Buy Classified section of this website. Going rate is $100-$150.....I paid $125 shipped from a SCCoA member who prefered using an aftermarket cover. I would contact the ebay seller KMT linked who posted the entire 35th anny car care kit and see if they are willing to sell the cover separately.

David

Just post something on the FB pages and on the Want To Buy Classified section of this website. Going rate is $100-$150.....I paid $125 shipped from a SCCoA member who prefered using an aftermarket cover. I would contact the ebay seller KMT linked who posted the entire 35th anny car care kit and see if they are willing to sell the cover separately.

That'd be worth a shot..I'm not really interested in the whole Anniversary kit, so maybe the seller will separate the cover..

Thank You.. :)

Rayo..

Rayo..

Yes, that's the 3rd garage bay we added onto our house back around 1997. It's also where all the tools & spare parts are at, and where any serious wrenching happens. My 93 SC (recently sold) was in there for a couple years riding the jack stands after blowing up the turbocharged v8, so it was really nice to get my 91 SC back in there.

David

Back