The SCCoA Garage is OPEN!

Valid ID?

Having issues posting my new car. I made sure pictures are the right pixle and file size and the only thing I left blank was the url. Keep getting need valid ID.

Thanks

I tried doing this today and got the same thing - what is a valid ID- I paid my membership- what else is there?

???????

Error
The id is missing. This page requires a valid id to pull up the correct information.

alright folks- what does one have to do to upload info to the garage?

I've tried it 3 times and I'm to the point that this might be a useless endeavor and not worth my time, so admins- care to help???

So I haven't heard from support yet, but I did speak with another problem garage'er here and told him to create the garage with only the required fields (Name, year, make, model, no photos) and see if that worked - which it did. Try that and let me know.

If it does work, see if you can go in and add more info after the fact.

So it appears posting just the minimal amount of info, and then going back and filling in the rest later works.

However, we're still trying to debug this, and I can't replicate it using test users. If someone has this problem again, please reach out to me before you try this work-around? Thanks.

Also, why do added manufacturers need to be approved by admin. Very difficult to add items that are not part of the drop down. I was frustrated so I stopped adding mods. There should be a way to bypass the drop down unless I am missing something...

Most of the "approvals" in the garage were originally setup because, well, no one paid attention to what was already there. We were finding three and four copies of the same vendors, manufacturers, tracks, etc. We had the approvals turned on from day 1, and I hate to say, but I feel it was a good move - otherwise, the place would have been a mess from what I can say I was cleaning up.

If we want to revisit the decision, we certainly can. But that's the reasoning.

Good bad or indifferent, the garage may go away. While I hope it does not, the garage is not supported by the latest version of vBulletin. We're on version 3, and version 5 is out. Our concern is that version 3 will not be supported much longer and if we have issues, we'll be stuck.

I've spoken with the developer of the garage and he said he has no plans to re-write it for version 5. So we may be looking for a new garage if and when we upgrade vBulletin (Which is the least of our worries - there's also no way to migrate all of the look and feel of the forums to the new version.) We won't lose any data, but it will almost be like we're starting from scratch in terms of the look and feel.

More info to follow when the time comes.

Also, why do added manufacturers need to be approved by admin. Very difficult to add items that are not part of the drop down. I was frustrated so I stopped adding mods. There should be a way to bypass the drop down unless I am missing something...

I usually check the Garage for stuff that is holding for approval every couple of days, but sometimes I just forget about it. Unfortunately the Vbulletin software does not send me a notification email when people add stuff.

Everything is updated now.

Thanks, David

Thanks guys, I am not trying to hate on anybody modding the Garage, I am sure certain things can be a real pain and I have never modded a board so I dont know first hand. I am just in awe by some of your garage list of mods and after trying to just add wheels and tires I was like, no way am I going to have that much patience... lol

Maybe if a new garage format is in the forums future it will be more user friendly... thanks for the explanation fellas...

Thanks guys, I am not trying to hate on anybody modding the Garage, I am sure certain things can be a real pain and I have never modded a board so I dont know first hand. I am just in awe by some of your garage list of mods and after trying to just add wheels and tires I was like, no way am I going to have that much patience... lol

Maybe if a new garage format is in the forums future it will be more user friendly... thanks for the explanation fellas...

Or you can just do like I did mine and list whatever you want in the description and skip all that manufacturer, and part name stuff.

David

Or you can just do like I did mine and list whatever you want in the description and skip all that manufacturer, and part name stuff.

David
You mean the lazy way:rolleyes::p

Actually, I like being able to add pictures to a specific mod and having everything in the description eliminates the ability to do that.

I've tried numerous times to add my vehicles to the garage and continue to get the error message that an ID is required. Can someone direct me to where the ID needs to be entered?

Attachments

• SCCoA Error Message.PNG
    SCCoA Error Message.PNG
    8.7 KB · Views: 152
I've tried numerous times to add my vehicles to the garage and continue to get the error message that an ID is required. Can someone direct me to where the ID needs to be entered?

I noticed you now have two garage pages, so can I assume this problem was resolved ?

David

"Member Page"

Dave, how do I get a "Member Page" under my name like everyone else :(

JJ, I finally found it. Top left corner click on User CP, then click on Edit Signature. There you can add pretty much what you want. For the garage link I just copied and pasted the URL form the browser. Remember to size your pictures appropriately. I hope this helps!

Back