Cervinis mach 1 hood 89-93 $400 in MD

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
Hi all,

Got a 89-93 Cervinis Mach 1 hood for sale. Painted black but paint is not pristine. No damage to the hood though. Hood strut mounts intact as well as latch plate...i'll include an old set of hood struts with the sale. Original cervinis, not repro. $400 local pick up. Will post pix this weekend hopefully. Selling bc chances are I'll be keeping any future birds in stock form and I've had this hood stashed away for years.

Thanks!

What else from your stash are you going to be turning loose? Not those 18" ADR's by chance? 

:) no plan of getting rid of the ADRs any time soon bro...but if I ever do, you're my guy Jeff! Slowly trying to get rid of the bigger stuff that I can remember...hood being the easiest to get to in the shed hehe. I know I have a full 5 speed conversion set of parts stashed away, probably some seat and door panel pieces but gotta get to them first. Slowly but surely I guess.

Hoods and 5-speed Conversions

Howdy!

This is my first post, will probably live in this forum going forward. I've pulled so much from here in the past and finally decided to contribute/beg.

I whacked a deer recently with my '93 LX (5.0 HO) and wasted the hood, drivers side headlight, and corner light. I have big plans for a 331 stroker from a 5.0 out of a 92 Mustang, and plan to use the Mustang intake and do a 5-speed swap all at the same time. Of course, this spells hood clearance problems (with the stock hood), and a whole list of scary unknowns for the tranny swap. I'm not too intimidated by the concept though... my current bird started out life as a 3.8 with ABS, and now has neither :D

Long story short, I'd be interested in seeing some pictures of the hood (does it have the higher clearance?) and inquire as to the parts list for the 5-speed swap. I'll be in need of some wisdom on that front before too long.

Per the specs on SCP - about the hood.

"This hood has approx. a 1.5" center rise. The width of the rise is 35" and the length of the rise is 45". "

https://www.supercoupeperformance.com/scp-mach-1-style-fiberglass-hood-fits-89-93-thunderbirds-265

Also here's a great write up on the swap.

http://forums.tccoa.com/8-engine-5-...1995-3-8l-n-5-0-swap-diy-lessons-learned.html

Welcome to the club - good to see some others in VA.

-Tim

Thanks Tim... I thought I had found every write up on the subject but this one is new to me.

Thanks for the patience gents...i should be able to snap some pix tomorrow.

Howdy!

This is my first post, will probably live in this forum going forward. I've pulled so much from here in the past and finally decided to contribute/beg.

I whacked a deer recently with my '93 LX (5.0 HO) and wasted the hood, drivers side headlight, and corner light. I have big plans for a 331 stroker from a 5.0 out of a 92 Mustang, and plan to use the Mustang intake and do a 5-speed swap all at the same time. Of course, this spells hood clearance problems (with the stock hood), and a whole list of scary unknowns for the tranny swap. I'm not too intimidated by the concept though... my current bird started out life as a 3.8 with ABS, and now has neither :D

Long story short, I'd be interested in seeing some pictures of the hood (does it have the higher clearance?) and inquire as to the parts list for the 5-speed swap. I'll be in need of some wisdom on that front before too long.

I'll keep you posted on the 5 speed swap pieces. The other day I found the drive shaft, clutch pedal, m5r2 harness and clutch fluid reservoir...but the actual m5r2 is stashed deep away in the sheds.

Here are some pix...its still dusty from storage. Took close ups of a couple scratches on the top side. You can also see it has the open vents. I actually found I have another hood but its a reproduction and the two mach 1 vents on top and the vents on the underside of the hood near the cowl are not open like the Cervinis. Also found that the finished underside is an option for the cervini's and this one has the finished underside. The two corners near the cowl have some of the paint missing but as you can see no damage from previous mishaps where the hood flies open and the corners get all messed up. Hinges also included.

Larry I actually had this one installed in my old 35th for a while. Just FYI.

Meant to reply to this sooner. GOod to meet ya Larry! Hope all is well in sunny Cali! Def post pix of the 35th when you install the hood.

whatCupholder....i dropped the ball on the 5speed parts. Slowly digging through the parts stash. If you're still interested I'll keep you posted.

Meant to reply to this sooner. GOod to meet ya Larry! Hope all is well in sunny Cali! Def post pix of the 35th when you install the hood.

Great to meet you as well! The hood is mocked on in place of the steel one right now. Already hung the steel on up in the rafters of the shop for storage. I'm not sure it's even been painted from looking closely at it. Might just be the black gel-coat on it. At any rate, it'll get painted once I'm done with everything else on the car. On my week long-trip I did get everything accomplished on the car I intended to do, and left it in better running condition than I have previously. Time to start making my list of things to be done on my next trip!

Thanks!

Back