SC Shootout Dyno Competition

XR7 Dave

If you registered for the dyno competition check this:

1) As noted in your registration, the dyno competition costs extra. Arrangements with the dyno are $40 minimum (up to 3 pulls), thereafter $80/hr, maximum 1hr.

2) We have 15 people signed up for the dyno competition, and due to some time restrictions on the dyno, in order to be able to get to all who signed up, we are asking for volunteers for dyno'ing on Friday. If you are going to be in town early and would be willing/able to get on the dyno Friday, please post below so we can get a head count and a tentative schedule going.

3) Unlike some years past, we will allow some tuning on the dyno. If someone needs a little tweaking (less than an hour total) we intend to allow this subject to #1 above. We will NOT allow full on dyno tuning nor will we allow any one person to dominate the dyno. Don't plan on dyno tuning on Friday or Saturday.

4) Dyno tuning can be arranged for Thursday if you will be in town and can do your own tuning or have made arrangements for someone to tune for you. Jeff is a very capable tuner and if you need assistance with your stuff, just ask. Expect additional charge if you want him to tune for you. I suggest you call ahead to make arrangements - again - Thursday only.

5) Fraser is not planning to attend. I am not planning to dyno tune. Just thought I would put that out there before anyone asks.

I can probably do Friday. I usually end up spending the day at Precision fixing stuff anyway :( ;)

Ira

I should be there for friday.

Chris if I can't steal the laptop next week can you hook me up and load my tunes for me?? I'll have them on a flash drive just in case. I just realized that I'm not doing anything if I can't do that.

Ira

Im in the same boat. Is Nettles taking appointments:rolleyes::D

Ken

As a matter of fact, yes I am. I have some old slacks that can take a beating so bring it on. I should be rolling in on Thursday so Friday will work for me.

I can also tune your car, port and polish your heads, flush/clean the inside of your engine or anything else you might need done. I'll be bringing plenty of sand, Drano and dawn soap with me.

As a matter of fact, yes I am. I have some old slacks that can take a beating so bring it on. I should be rolling in on Thursday so Friday will work for me.

I can also tune your car, port and polish your heads, flush/clean the inside of your engine or anything else you might need done. I'll be bringing plenty of sand, Drano and dawn soap with me.

What a guy:rolleyes:What a guy:D

If I can do it on Friday, I would like to sign up for the dyno. Is the dyno competetion full already? (not that I would win anything :rolleyes:)

Dave,

I have heard several rumors that Precision has relocated.
Is this correct and if so where are they located now?

Dave,

I have heard several rumors that Precision has relocated.
Is this correct and if so where are they located now?

As listed on the Shootout website:

Saturday

9am-5pm: Dyno competition
Precision Autosports
1031 Cincinnati Ave.
Xenia, OH 45385

9am-12pm: Car Show registration. All Shootout participants are welcomed to enter!

12pm-1pm: Lunch served. Free to all Shootout registered participants. Refreshments (and water) will be served all day.

1pm-3pm: Participant judging of car show.

6:00pm-8:00pm: TBA Free to all Shootout registered participants.

Won't get there until Friday afternoon, so I'm planning to dyno Saturday morning. When I registered there wasn't a dyno comp payment option, is that something we pay on-site or when getting our packet at the Hotel ?

David

Won't get there until Friday afternoon, so I'm planning to dyno Saturday morning. When I registered there wasn't a dyno comp payment option, is that something we pay on-site or when getting our packet at the Hotel ?

David

You will pay the dyno shop, it won't have anything to do with us other than we agreed on a rate - $40 minimum, $80 maximum, no more than 1 hr per car allowed.

Since we only have about 7 hours on Saturday, I suggest that people seriously consider the Friday option. Jeff has to leave at a specific time on Saturday - I think he has a game he has to be at for 5pm - so what isn't done by then isn't happening.

Back