2016 Shootout Feedback

I see youre point... however the nmra is way to big of an event to combine with us and would take away from what the shootout is. Also i'd imagine being the same weekend is why its easy/cheap to get a track rental at clay city. While bowling green is ALOT nicer track that i really really like... Alot of the faster SC's would NOT pass their tech. Plus we would loose the ability to get a few hrs of open test and tune! I can run dozens of times at the shootout. My local track i am lucky to get 4/5 passes on a test and tune night!

I disagree Jacob. I brought up the idea as solely as an alternative thought instead of the same ol same ol. The NMRA has accommodated just about any specialty group that has come up. For instance the GT-500 vs Terminator shootout, which started as one race at one event only to become a class with multiple dates. They combine with the NMCA at the Atlanta and Chicago race, which is a much bigger organization than the SC shootout. I don't see where the format would need to change much nor the way it is done. It seems the dyno and car show is one day and the racing another. Thursday's are open TNT for all NMRA participants. You could also enter the brackets to get more TNT time in. Have the SC shootout set up for Sat or Sun and the rest of the time is setup just as it has always been. VMP has a dyno setup on premise all weekend and will tune. Setup a time for T birds only and let the crowd see big power numbers out of an old tech "stock" v6's. Logistically it would be much easier so long the organizers would allow it. The hardest part would be finding a hotel as most will be booked with other NMRA participants.

I get the SHO and V6 Mustang correlation but if you truly want to grow the SC brand them you need to expose it to more people who are interested in Fords to begin with and that will always be the Mustang crowd. As the years have gone by more and more years and bodies have been allowed in the NMRA. It is time to bring the 89-97 bird into it also.

I would say anyone that put a functional turbo on a v6 stang is
A diffrent calliber person than the azzhat teenagers running around
thinking they are cool with flat bill caps jamming rap music doing one
wheel peels with a maxwell house muffler and (3) tiered honda spoiler alteza
tailights wal-mart pedal covers and a durabrand subwoofer from walmart
rocking plasti-diped stock wheels, the short antenna mod a homeade
Undeglow kit with pep-boys marker lights japaneese slogan across the front
Windshield with a ghetto tint job ......stereotypical v6 stang driver :)

So tell us what you really think, Jacob:rolleyes:
Alan

So ... I got my Visa bill and found I was double charged by the hotel. Confirmed by a call to Visa. The hotel seems to have a 'Don't answer the phone' policy so I had to find my way to customer care for the chain. Also a phone number that is not published.
Check your bills, folks. Just sayin'.
Alan

I think the Shootout was good. I'm always open for change more or less no matter what it is just for the sake of change, but that doesn't take away from what it was for me. The only thing I wanted to do was race and I couldn't do that so the rest was just general entertainment for me.

Personally I have no interest in a dyno competition. There was a time when the dyno competition was really there to a) facilitate tuning, and b) put a sock in some of the big mouths who claimed big HP numbers but could never back it up. Other than that it's a bit like the Chinese auction - fun if you like that sort of thing - but doesn't prove anything and in fact I think it encourages people to take unnecessary risks with their vehicles. I'd rather spend more time at the track or more time just hanging out and BS'ing. That's just my opinion of course.

So ... I got my Visa bill and found I was double charged by the hotel. Confirmed by a call to Visa. The hotel seems to have a 'Don't answer the phone' policy so I had to find my way to customer care for the chain. Also a phone number that is not published.
Check your bills, folks. Just sayin'.
Alan

Alan

Please let me know if you have trouble with them and I will see what I can do.

Brian

I would like the idea of inviting more cars. Between work and my SC not running I never got to join in in a shootout. I have attended one and plan to bring the SC someday.

I own a late model SHO, a first gen Lightning, a mark VIII, and a SC also just sold a 2013 Mustang GT.

After hanging out with people who own the same cars at car shows, events, and racing. I have met a ton of great people. And I will say NOT ALL but some or a lot of mustang guys are not friendly and think they are too good for out hers.

Now SHO, Lightning and Mark VIII owners I have met seem to be more like the SC guys usually family guys with a interest in there car and not looking cool.

I am in contact daily with one of the guys that helps run KYhorsepower club/website. I know in the past we tagged along with their spring meet and that is how several of you guys were able to visit Clay City and see the track for yourselves. Even with it being on the NMRA weekend I think there would be a few of the "Mustang" guys that would be up for a day at the track to help with the cost. The number can be limited to whatever we want and they can even run in the bracket if we so choose. Just an idea to toss out there and I can make it happen if there is interest.

Back