My Shootout Story

ALS35

SCCoA Member
I went to the shootout this year and Tony (Silverbird) followed me down in his car. I had mine on the trailer so keeping up was not difficult. I didn't post about the shootout leading up to it for which I am sorry. I have reasons/excuses but I won't bore you with that.
I had the car prepped and ready. I was at the track in July and it worked perfectly. After that it got all new Mustang hubs, big brakes and new wheels and tires for the track. Fortunately my road wheels are drilled for both t-bird and mustang.
I entered the dyno competition at the event on the Saturday. The car put down 361 rwhp which was just 8 hp short of winning the M90 class. The bad news is that the trans got jammed in gear on the dyno. The car will not start in gear and you can't get the key out either. The car spent the rest of the weekend on the trailer. The racing was fun to watch but frustrating to not be able to participate.
I took the car back to the trans shop on the Tuesday after I got back. It turns out that the wire for the overdrive lockout on the Lentech valve body had to much slack inside the trans. it got caught on the shift valve, blew the fuse, and would not let the shifter go forward to neutral or beyond. That has been corrected.
I went to Toronto Motorsports Park (Cayuga) last Sunday. There was a race event going on at the same time as the test and tune. The track prep sucked and the staging lane waits were long and tedious.
I managed to get in three passes. The car put down a personal best for me. 11.999 sec at 113.34 mph. I wish it had been at the Shootout because there was only one other car that was running in Pro Street, so I would have brought home a trophy.
I took both the 'birds for E-testing yesterday and both passed very well. A testament to the tuning skills of Dave Dalke.
Alan

That's awesome stuff Al, congrats on the PB and hitting 11's. Very impressive man I must say. You have put a lot of time and effort into your sc ( both actually ) and it shows. Happy for ya man.

Drew

Cool deal Alan! Very nice run too!

My Shootout story looks to have a high-point, then a sad ending (to be verified.....) - not sure which is worse. :eek:

Glad to see you and Tony again. I really liked his car! Glad he brought it this time.

Welcome to the club Alan. Nice to see all hard work starting to pay off.
You always have a story to tell coming back from the shoot out, eh?)
What a crappy video. Did you shoot it with Motorolla Razor?

Back