Columbus Ohio Craigslist find!!!!!

Says it's never been wrecked, but no "SC" on the front bumper cover (as would be correct for 89). Beware of front-end damage; or could have just been a replacement for the scuffed original. I'm just sayin'.....

RED interior?

I'm sure it's possible, but I've really never seen a silver SC
advertised with a RED interior.

Galion, OH is about an hour north of Columbus,
I should check this one out.

Had 3 89s and all had SC on the front bumper. Not understanding if you are saying they should or should not have SC on the front bumper for the 89?

Had 3 89s and all had SC on the front bumper. Not understanding if you are saying they should or should not have SC on the front bumper for the 89?

Well it is an SC bumper, it just doesn't have the "SC" on the front. Were there any aftermarket OEM bumpers back then that made replacements which did not include the "SC" on the front?

"...car has almost no rust..."

Well, that makes it all better, then, doesn't it...sort of like "has almost no dents" - "has almost no smoke out the exhaust" - "has almost no loud banging noises...."

Rusted cars belong in the crusher.

Even so, for a $1,000 - if it really just needs a fuel pump, it could be a steal - that is if you can get a title for it. I'd consider it if it was local - may be a good parts car.

-Melon

Well it is an SC bumper, it just doesn't have the "SC" on the front. Were there any aftermarket OEM bumpers back then that made replacements which did not include the "SC" on the front?

The 93 LX bird had the same bumper as the SCs, only without SC embossed in the front.

92 Sports also had that bumper. LX's of the same year probably had it as well if they had the fog light option.

-Melon

Good info on this. Either way, for $1000 it would make a great donor car! If someone is interested I can go take a look at it and let you know. I also could get some more pics.

I'm sure it's possible, but I've really never seen a silver SC
advertised with a RED interior.
I have an 89 with the exact same color combo. It's also for sale and has a title.:D

Aight guys ill go check the car out for you but Im leery bout this one. Galion is 20 minutes from me. But yes as stated all 89s ive seen had SC on the front bumper. As far as the title its easy to get a dupe title in Ohio but I wonder if the car still has a lien on it and thats why theres no title. Next couple days ill call them and go see it if they still have it. Will post my findings on here.:D

Back