Add an "Exhaust Section" to SCCOA Forums

Should we have an "Exhaust Section" added to the Forum

• Total voters
Would eliminating the cats (versus a new magnaflow y-pipe assembly WITH hi-flo cats) yield any flow/power gains? Down low/up high?

I'll be replacing/installing three exhaust systems (or partially using the OE stuff if it's not too rotten) over the next year and I'd like to find the sweet spot between cost/performance/sound.

I already have the Flowmaster II kit and a magnaflow y-pipe with cats. Been following the Mandrel Exhaust Systems guys. I bought a little wire welder last year... any comments from those who bought and installed any of these or found a better idea please pipe up.

I clicked on who cares as well. These threads all go the same way with dozens of I did it this way or mine sounds like this. I would think, in this club anyway, that there other more popular sections that could be added like

Turbo section
Power Adder section
Picture gallery. Click on wheels or Interiors, Engines, I know we have a garage section but if I wanted to see custom paint jobs, or diffrent wheels a gallery that would be more specific would be nice.

Never figured out why stuff like the 2001 - 2003 nationals are sections or Shootout 2003. A little pruning wouldnt hurt either

Ken

No, power should be the same. You may gain and extra 1 hp. They will Just be louder because you're catless and you'll prob. have lots of drone.

It all depends on what you want the most. Power, sound, cost. I've done extensive research on various type of combination of exhaust systems and have spoken to many tech experts also from various companies and have listened to many many sound clips. The money thing isnt a big deal to me. I'd rather save up and buy the best of what I like for my car.

I've finally decided on my perfect exhaust.... Kooks SS headers, Magnaflow SS Direct fit highflow cats, Magnaflow polished SS resonator, Custom made polished SS Mandrel bent pipes (2.5" to 3" to 2.5") Magnaflow SS polished 4" round mufflers.

Last edited:
Damon told me the same thing. But my thing is, I'm getting the direct fit ones.
If i get the universal or the spun cat ones i have to build whole other pipe because I'm getting rid of every spec of stock exhaust.

Damon told me the same thing. But my thing is, I'm getting the direct fit ones.
If i get the universal or the spun cat ones i have to build whole other pipe because I'm getting rid of every spec of stock exhaust.

What "direct fit ones" are you talking about? There's nothing available in stainless steel that will bolt up to the Kooks headers, maybe to the stock manifolds, but not to headers.

yes you are correct. I failed to mention i will be getting kooks headers at a later date. now you have me thinking.... I should get the spun cats and have the custom pipe made anyway due to the fact they will actually fit the kooks.

yes you are correct. I failed to mention i will be getting kooks headers at a later date. now you have me thinking.... I should get the spun cats and have the custom pipe made anyway due to the fact they will actually fit the kooks.

If you are doing the medium length headers, you should also consider chopping off the leaky ball and flange connection, and replace it with a v-band connection.

David

Back