1991 SC safetied and e-tested, $2500 o.b.o Ontario

91supecoupe

1991 ford thunderbird SC, 3.8l supercharged,automatic transmission, lots of power this car is very fun to drive, just saftetied and e-tested within the last month.. It's got a nice stereo system with the stock jbl door speakers and a kenwood deck and amp, 2 big mtx subwoofers in the trunk. car has no rust whatsoever as it has usually been stored through the winters..the car is running well but the 2 things i would reccomend doing for it is a new fuel pump and a front tie rod end.. the fuel pump is causing hard starting when cold and hard idling.,, other than that it runs great once its fired up and you can find fuel pumps very cheap..let me know if you are interested,, 2500 o.b.o.. located in ontario, canada,120,000 km

Last edited:
pics of the car

Attachments

• 8603nn2_20.jpeg
    8603nn2_20.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 241
  • 1379mfk_20.jpeg
    1379mfk_20.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 215
  • 26202f1_20.jpeg
    26202f1_20.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 216
  • 7692653_20.jpeg
    7692653_20.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 264
I only have experince bringing them in to Canada but the 2 key points seem to be..

Seat Belts and Daytime running lights.

The cdn cars have the seat belt system that the US cars went to in I believe 94 so you should be fine there. The big plus here is no track motors or BS.

I'm not sure either make had daytime running lights in 90 but if required for current registration its just a module ($100-200).

If anything I think the cdn car will be closer to todays requirements than a comparable US car.

Paul

I only have experience going the other direction, INTO Canada.
My first SuperCoupe(1990) I bought from a guy who had bought
it here in the United States, then AFTER buying it found out
he couldn't import it into Canada because of the PASSIVE SEAT BELTS!!:eek:
AFAIK, there isn't a problem bringing a Canada SuperCoupe into
the United States, but if I were looking to purchase this SC, I would
ask my local BMV just to be sure.:D

In order to import a Canadian intended car into the United States, that car must abide by the safety requirements of the United States for passive restraints (air bags or auto belts) if built after July, 1989. Since Canadian cars did not have passive restraints until (?), the car would have to be retrofitted once imported, before being registered.

That was the essence of the rule when I brought my '89 into the States (June build date) in 1995. I don't know if they relaxed the rule due to the age of the vehicle but I would doubt it.

In order to import a Canadian intended car into the United States, that car must abide by the safety requirements of the United States for passive restraints (air bags or auto belts) if built after July, 1989. Since Canadian cars did not have passive restraints until (?), the car would have to be retrofitted once imported, before being registered.

That was the essence of the rule when I brought my '89 into the States (June build date) in 1995. I don't know if they relaxed the rule due to the age of the vehicle but I would doubt it.

I'm confused. ?????

Paul

Not to worry.

I'm easily confused.

The link didn't open so I honestly didn't go hunting.

I'm pretty simple on my outlook of things.

In Aug. of 94 approx. the US Manufactured cars were not equipped with passive restraints.

The individual States were then obligated to change their seat belt legislation whether mandatory to wear a belt or not.

A 1990 Cdn car would for its time and currently be at par or above emissions and safety for the mandated year taking into account the 4 yrs the US cars were permitted passive restraints waiting for State Legislature to pass.

If in fact the import rules still read a passive restraint requirement, then I'm thinking somebodys not doing their job.

When the motor goes passive systems are literally window dressing and offer no protection to the occupant.

Paul

Back