8.8 IRS Mustang Cobra Hubs

KillSwitchNY

I know ford racing has these new but im not looking to spend that much. I have the fronts done already but am trying to go the bolt on way rather than redrilling the factory one. If anyone has any used or new please post up. thank you. i cant take driving with my 18" Saleens up front and ROH 17"s in back :p

cool. thank you, but $200 for a pair is still way too high for me. Not worth beating around the bush anymore. I just have to buck up and take mine off and lay the car up for a day while I drill my stock hubs out. Thanks again!

I believe I still have one used rear pass. spindle with cobra hub and bearing. Had around 8k miles when I removed it from my Mark VIII. All bushings are in good shape and the top one was replaced when I did the hub swap. I will check and get back to you or call my cell tommowrow 860-384-0384
Looking for whats fair

thanks,
Brian Walter

You can take a look in the for sale section of SVTPerformance, there are people with 99-04 Cobras parting out their IRS due to going solid axle.

i still have it PM sent

On another note I thought the spindles 99-01 were different than ours?
I know the hubs/bearings are the same besides 03-04 which are 31 spline not 28

i still have it PM sent

On another note I thought the spindles 99-01 were different than ours?
I know the hubs/bearings are the same besides 03-04 which are 31 spline not 28

The '01 and the '03-'04 Cobra inners are 31 spline, all of the Cobra outers are 28.

Last edited:
someone enlighten me... The rear hub BEARINGS... are they a seperate part of the hub which are pressed in? Unlike the fronts which are sold as a full Hub assembly.

The bearing is first pressed into the knuckle from the inside and retained by a large snap ring, then the hub is pressed into the bearing from the outside.

It's very important when pressing in the hub to support the inner races of the bearing, most shops don't do it correctly. Even the diagram in the factory service manual is wrong. :(

Attachments

• HPIM2029s.JPG
    HPIM2029s.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 642
  • HPIM2035s.JPG
    HPIM2035s.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 619
The bearing is first pressed into the knuckle from the inside and retained by a large snap ring, then the hub is pressed into the bearing from the outside.

It's very important when pressing in the hub to support the inner races of the bearing, most shops don't do it correctly. Even the diagram in the factory service manual is wrong. :(

Oh yeah without a doubt... I guess the saying is true, common sense isnt so common. I was picturing having to have a slug under the bearing while pressing the hub. thanks for the pics too.

Back