Rebuilding Thermostat Housings and Replacement Flanges

Wondering if you have any complete thermostat housings ready to ship out?

I thought I had a spare I could send as a core, but I can't find it.

I have a couple of spare cores. I can make one up this week if you want.

After a long break I jumped back on to the adapter to make common new replacement housing work with an SC intake recently. I made a few prototypes up trying a couple of different things and on the same morning when I was finishing the design on the next prototype which was to go out to be tested very shortly I ended up getting laid off for a few weeks at least due to the virus screwing with my workplace so that will have to wait for a bit unfortunately. Here is what the latest version would have looked like.

It looks as if you could use a more conventional thermostat gasket with your design. My 4.2 F150 uses an O-ring gasket that I like a lot more than the paper SC thermostat gasket. I'd be all for using that design on my SC.

It looks as if you could use a more conventional thermostat gasket with your design. My 4.2 F150 uses an O-ring gasket that I like a lot more than the paper SC thermostat gasket. I'd be all for using that design on my SC.

Thanks for the feedback. Good suggestion, thanks. I had been considering an o-ring but had not though about adding it to this revision but giving the fact that I now have an excess of time I will see about adding it. I would rather an O-ring over a gasket any day.

Housing rebuild

Hello, are you still rebuilding the stock housings? I can send a core if so, how can I get the address etc. Thank You. Glen

Hello, are you still rebuilding the stock housings? I can send a core if so, how can I get the address etc. Thank You. Glen

Hi, I still do them. I'll send you a PM with info.

Edit. I can't PM you as you have not reached a post limit yet or something. Here is my email.

Edit Sept 2020: removed email. Please send PM or reply to thread if interested. Thx

Last edited:
Back