We lost another great Ford Racer

We lost a great driver and one of my dads close friends

1960s Funny Car racer Loehr dies:
Dick Loehr, a Lansing, Mich.-based Funny Car racer in the 1960s who later competed in Pro Stock, died May 13 after a 10-year battle with prostate cancer. An engineer by trade, Loehr used his job connections to get sponsorship and assistance for his racing operations. In 1967, Loehr fielded the Max Curtis Ford Stampede Mustang, which was fitted with a 427 SOHC engine before a 392 Chrysler Hemi. The car was replaced by a new Mustang in 1969. In 1970, he moved to Pro Stock, where he campaigned Mavericks until he left the sport after the 1972 season.

Last edited:
Restoration Project

Just to fill you in Dick Loehr's Pro Stock 427 SOHC Maverick along with Ed Terry's and my fathers will be restored to there vintage 70's Pro Stock fame and placed in the Pomona NHRA Museum. My fathers Pro Stock 427 SOHC Maverick will be restored by Tommy Grove and Holman Moody its original builders Ed Terry's and Loehr's undergoing resto from HM

Last edited:
glad they will have a good home when finished.

Long time comming Pap

It will be nice to see the cars in there P.S. like your Cobra Avator perfect for your Cobra Gt

Les Ritchys A/FX Mustang is under restoration after the crash that killed Les his son re-bodied it it soon will be on display

Back