Aftermarket supercharger

Most of use would just be happing putting the small stuff on the cars and making them run. :cool:

No surprise by KB.

1.7l guys want one because its a direct replacement for their kits. I chose to sell my kit and start from scratch then to retrofit a BB KB on the 1.7l hardware.

I had no use for a kitless 1.7l as do others. It would not be worth it. Break up the kit for me.

Why is everyone in a hurry to get a Kenne Bell blower.:confused: They have never been friendly to the garage fabricator. I read everything about them and Whipple and to me they are equal blowers in performance. Ken

The only reason I was thinking KB over Whipple is because the KB is much shorter than the Whipple which would make it far easier to package in our cars. I don't have the prints in front of me but I think the 2.3 Whipple was over 2" longer than the 2.4 KB.

How big are you talking??

Eh idk, 2.8KB 3.4 whipple....

I havent looked up close, but custom oil pan, tubular K member, move engine forward 4in or so. Simple custom, drive shaft. Now you have room to play. Can move the radiator up to the condenser location like on my car, tons of room. Hood clearance could be an issue, but eh, chit happens.

Just gotta forget all the how's and whys, and buy all the stuff and shoe horn it in. Thats how hot rodding started, i think lol

Last edited:
you all get a 2.8's and everyone will still have to make fun of turbo cars to make themselves feel better. Put the biggest blower possible, plain and simple. Biggest CI, biggest blower, biggest power, quickest et.

you all get a 2.8's and everyone will still have to make fun of turbo cars to make themselves feel better. Put the biggest blower possible, plain and simple. Biggest CI, biggest blower, biggest power, quickest et.

You just want to see a blower with a boost response like one of your turdblows

You just want to see a blower with a boost response like one of your turdblows

blower has the advantage in 1st gear, but when that turbo hits 20psi by 4000rpm I'm realing you in through 2nd, and out by a fender when I shift into 3rd:p

... raising the question of why we need to put a 3.3L blower on anyone's street car ...

Because in todays world, 800rwhp for Most cars is the streetable limit. 400rwhp in a car our size is really really tame. More than 21 psi is needed to leave tame land. These cars need a 30 piece on a blower. A big blower can do that will power consumption thats not unacceptable.

blower has the advantage in 1st gear, but when that turbo hits 20psi by 4000rpm I'm realing you in through 2nd, and out by a fender when I shift into 3rd:p

I think I'll just put this right here.

attachment.php

... raising the question of why we need to put a 3.3L blower on anyone's street car ...

Well.....my drive ratio is greater than 3:1 so im spnning it well north of 20k rpm. Thats more than 20% above max rated rpm and extremely inefficient. If i could shed 50 hp in parasitic losses.....lower air temps.....and have increased boost potential then we would be cooking

I remember that dyno sheet, and all three of us laughing at the huge power hole missing.... too bad Corey wasnt there to defend himself :D granted same day my car broke on the dyno.

haha, its easy to get you going Dave. but the fact still remains the same, you made 400 rwhp before I ever had a drivers license,and everyone else still is! Ira has wayyyyyyyyy more money under the hood than me. Ported heads big cam etc. So this chart really proves that there is the max super coupe power level for a blower, and it also shows the Beginning for a turbo car(bone stock heads, baby cam)! Plus Iras car didnt back up this number at a shootout, and mine surpassed this number. Im trying to stir up motivation for people to say "BS we havent reached the blower limit yet" but my attempts continue to fail as we polish 2002 technology. Twin screw cars are getting to be like iPhone. I love them like crazy, every time I ride in one Im smiling the whole time. And Im not knocking anyone, the best running and most reliable cars on this forum are high hp twin screw ones. I see more 350rwhp and below cars blow up.

I remember that dyno sheet, and all three of us laughing at the huge power hole missing.... too bad Corey wasnt there to defend himself :D granted same day my car broke on the dyno.

Give me an example of when I would need this huge power hole missing below 3300rpm? Ill bring you a case of beer to the next shootout if you can.

Last edited:
Back