• Leave it alone and widen those rear rims to fit some meat under there

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • You know you want some chrome saleens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like the whole drift theme idea minus the stickers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

XxSlowpokexX

Basically I am contemplating due to extreme boredom (just so I have that statement covered) either bringing my 1994 teal sc back to a modified stock look or a "drift" type look

Option 1) 99 cobra rims with factory powder coat finish. I think these rims complement the car and give it a stock look. Ive run these before and love them. I'd basically be widening the rear rims to a 9.5-10" leaving the fronts at 17*8 using a 255 front 285 rear (or larger if I can fit which I think I can)

Option 2) Go with a chrome saleen replica rim. 18*9 front 18*19 back with a sim tire setup as above. Ive had 17" chrome cobra replicas on this car and the teal with chrome looks real nice. Hear we deviate from the stock look...But heck....I kinda like the chrome.

Option 3) Well ever since I added the flat black bullet 18*9, 18 * 10 rims on my car the "drift" look is kinda on my mind. This would require me to go with a flat/satin black rim combo more than likely 18*9/18*10. Being the teal is so bright I was also thinking of tinting the rear tailights along with the swap over to a 96 hood/lights/header panel modifying the headlights much like Blown38 (Chris) has done. Its a bit more work but I need some paint work and I could do this at the same time. Unsure of the rim just yet just the idea

I will try to link some photos from threads here to get an idea.

Put the chrome saleens from your stang on your bird if you have it back.
Take a picture from all angles.

Not sure what you mean by drift look. you are not even close to a drift look.

Let me give you some insight. From the encyclopedia

With that just widen the 99 Cobra wheels. Seems you like them alot.

I got into the mood of getting 19" chrome Saleens a few months back. I got someone that was going to buy the deep dish chrome Rs from my blue car.
Then again I didnt want to bother with chrome I got better things to do in life then polishing up chrome wheels.

I want a nice set of billet wheels thats where you see quality. But spending mega bucks on wheels and cracking or bending it over a pothole, pitting etc all factors in. And replica wheels just work in this case.

Attachments

• 246902_397907380265043_1413098422_n.jpg
    246902_397907380265043_1413098422_n.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 71
20120523_154422.jpg

20120523_154510.jpg

lol no lovin from Dave, Damon dont you want that thing back yet? If Casey is doing a winter storage business, I could use a place to keep mine:)

Black wheels are by far my favorite, but something about it doesn't settle right on a teal car. I think chrome if it was Saleens.

The wheels that you have on there look good. I'd just de-monstertruckize it and put some tires on it.

Keep it stock :)

Actually...whenever I do finally find a 93, or 94-95 5speed in teal the wheels I want on it are the ADR Kasai rims....although I do like those 99 cobra ones you have in your pictures. I would also venture to do something I heard in this forum before ...take some stock wheels and have them widened. Some 9.5" wide stock 93-95 sc wheels would be nice!

I was browsing your pix and saw one of your car that said "for sale"...is that old?

For sale was when I originally bought it. Stock rims wont fit with larger brakes. And the black saleens dont do it for me..And of course I want the car back. Shipping company's are saying otherwise. Need to try again. Just been real busy with disaster relief work

Back