New times this past weekend!

1MTNCAT

Hit the track at Mason Dixon yesterday. Overall much better conditions than a couple weeks ago, although at times traction went away.

The 4.6 on three consecutive passes on the bottle went 11.75, 11.75, and 11.77. Best 60 ft was a 1.58. Worst a 1.64. Best MPH 113.76. New Bests overall and at Mason Dixon.

On just the motor on the 27" tires the car went (Not in Order) 13.01, 13.01, 13.02, 13.03, 13.05. Best 60 ft 1.839. Best MPH 104.32.

All in all a good day. Car is pretty much dialed in. Its starting to look like the bracket car it once was with the consistancy. Just wish I had the hammer in it I was planning on building. But for what I have I'm happy.

Thanks to Mike Siska, EECDOC for coming up and helping me get the idle and fuel issues resolved with the tune.

For what it's worth, your N/A times are about what your car's twin does with a Vortech PI motor on 10 PSI and 6* timing. I'd say you're very well dialed in.

Nice to have you back on the track Steve regardless of the results, which were spectacular considering all that's gone on.

Ira

Thanks All!

To be quite honest, I've just about maxed out the stock shortblock, Stock PI heads and Stock Bullitt intake in this platform. Without upgrading to ported stuff, larger cams, an accomodating shortblock, larger injectors and some other things, its about done other than some minor tweeking on the setup.

Its running out of breathing and power capacity.

It would be really nice to tickle a 11.5 out of it yet before moving on to making some horsepower in the future. Maybe in the fall in cooler air at another track I'll have a shot to do that.

:)

You're not serious are you?

For what it's worth, your N/A times are about what your car's twin does with a Vortech PI motor on 10 PSI and 6* timing. I'd say you're very well dialed in.

There's something wrong with that picture!! So its my twin? You should certainly have lots of potential left in that car.

Got pics?

Back