2012 Carlisle

What!?! Like you have something else important going on to occupy your time!!! ;)

I spent the entire weekend underneath the rear of the '93 trying to "repair" some really bad body rot, which I know needs to be addressed by a professional soon, but I'm hoping to get both cars running first. I also broke two bolts off attempting to replace the rear subframe-body support brackets, both of which had rotted away to nothing. The rear bolts going through the subframe itself are another story; broke two Snap-On sockets trying to get them out! Decided to call it quits before I attempted the fuel tank bolts. That needs to be replaced because there's literally NOTHING left of the lower heat shield. SC's are like women; pretty on the outside doesn't always equal pretty on the inside. I may just concede the '91-93 category to Seegers again and throw the new motor in the '94!! :( Ok, rant over....

DW
And this car took a trophy?:rolleyes::p

Ive never understood how they do the judging.....Its so arbitrary..........But always a great time. Coming down on Thursday.

Matt

I always worry about mine looking like that. And am afraid to take the ground FX off. I'm pretty sure it doesn't tho. Can you tell its that bad from the outside?

Heres how mine was.
IMG_4661.jpg

Ive never understood how they do the judging.....Its so arbitrary..........But always a great time. Coming down on Thursday.

Matt
Carlisle judging is participant judging. A lot of times, the location of your car can play a roll in the judging as people who drive other models may not walk the entire field of SCs to pick their favorites....pretty sure that's what happened the last time I got a 1st place:;)

I know when I have voted for other classes at Calisle, there are a ton of cars to look at and the longer my voting dragged out, the less details I looked at.

I always worry about mine looking like that. And am afraid to take the ground FX off. I'm pretty sure it doesn't tho. Can you tell its that bad from the outside?

Mine had a good bit of rot on the rear floor/body seam when I bought it, but I didn't know about the quarter until the ground effect piece actually moved when I was detailing the car. The two bottom clips didn't have anything solid to hold onto anymore! If your rear floors look pretty good underneath, your quarters hopefully are fine too.

DW

Cant say that not the first time ive looked at that rot....when I was hunting for a car, all of them seemed to be rotted in the same place.
Matt

What!?! Like you have something else important going on to occupy your time!!! ;)

I spent the entire weekend underneath the rear of the '93 trying to "repair" some really bad body rot, which I know needs to be addressed by a professional soon, but I'm hoping to get both cars running first. I also broke two bolts off attempting to replace the rear subframe-body support brackets, both of which had rotted away to nothing. The rear bolts going through the subframe itself are another story; broke two Snap-On sockets trying to get them out! Decided to call it quits before I attempted the fuel tank bolts. That needs to be replaced because there's literally NOTHING left of the lower heat shield. SC's are like women; pretty on the outside doesn't always equal pretty on the inside. I may just concede the '91-93 category to Seegers again and throw the new motor in the '94!! :( Ok, rant over....

DW

I always spray bolts down with soem pb blast then heat em up before trying to remove

I had a similar with a tank bolt.

Sharp air chisel.

Picked a corner on the bolt and started in on it.

About a minute in she broke free and rotated out.

Just an option.

Paul

I had a similar with a tank bolt.

Sharp air chisel.

Picked a corner on the bolt and started in on it.

About a minute in she broke free and rotated out.

Just an option.

Paul

Paul,
I will definately keep that idea in mind. Gonna play around with it some more tonight. Thanks for the suggestion,

Dave

OK, whats up with all you Peppes and Carlisle? Who is in and who is out, and where are you staying? I am at the Marriot in south Harrisburg, will be arriving Thursday evening with Ed and maybe one other from Ontario.If your going out for a dinner, keep me in mind Anyone have a Blackberry, PM me your PIN Number.
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/harwm-courtyard-harrisburg-west-mechanicsburg/
Matt
905-244-5380

I will be getting there Friday around noon staying at the Econolodge. We usually go to Hooters on Friday night for dinner.

Back