exhaust sound

whats your fav exhaust note for the 3.8 SC

• Total voters
Mine has dual cats into a single pipe to the rear of the car (no resonator), then it splits into 2 Flowmasters... it sounds HORRIBLE.

borla, borla , borla

Another vote for Borla. (all the way)
Would have saved a bunch of $$$, if I just went BORLA the first time.

Anyone want to buy my Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers, say $40 + shipping?

_

Attachments

• Dynomax-Super Turbos.JPG
    Dynomax-Super Turbos.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
i've never seen a borla system on a sc(there is a video on streetfire.net) but i've had a borla catback on my probe gt,mazda mx6 ls and a contour svt.....cant beat the borla sound:D

Another vote for Borla. (all the way)
Would have saved a bunch of $$$, if I just went BORLA the first time.

Anyone want to buy my Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers, say $40 + shipping?

_

Are those a direct bolt-on for a '90 SC? As in, cut and clamp, done. (?)

Are those a direct bolt-on for a '90 SC? As in, cut and clamp, done. (?)

They go where the stock '90 SC mufflers are (you can see the hangers in pic, above).
As in, cut, clamp, weld it. Say 2-3 x's louder than stock. They are 2 1/2" in/out.

I was unhappy with the ground clearance of my magnaflow resonator.
Do the MATH for ground clearance.
Borla 4" deep vs Magnaflow is 6" deep. (+clearance to chassis)

Borla ProXS muffler for resonator #40349 (4"x9.5"x19")
(dual 2 1/2" in, 3" out)
Bought from 21st Century Exhaust, Boynton Beach, FL 33426 (for $70+shipping)
800-two seven six - six three nine nine

www.borla.com
Borla Turbo XL mufflers are (4"x9.5 x 19) part# 40665
(center/offset, 2 1/2"in / 2 1/2"out)

The car I just bought has 1 5/8s midlength stainless steel headers out a fully mandrel 2.5 dual exhaust into a magnaflow resonator out 3.5 mandrel bent center pipe out the back through a flowmaster super 40 with custom exhaust outlets. The car itself is Highly Moddified but the sound is good...I like it...here is a Vid of the car before I bought it...

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/91+sc/0/c7e19d39-a1ed-4724-a21d-4c62b32ff1d3.htm

It sounds great except you cant hear it over the Autorotor

exhaust

looking to do a exhaust dont know what to do I have a 1991 sc with shorty headers 2.5 down tubs no cats
I need some help
would like to hear a borla that is the same set up
if any body has a sound clip you can send it to daxl350@yahoo.com
thanks

Magna-flow

I am running the magna-flow system. Resonator and polished magna-flow mufflers, 2.5 to 3 to 2.5 pipes. It sounds awesome. No drone.

I am running the magna-flow system. Resonator and polished magna-flow mufflers, 2.5 to 3 to 2.5 pipes. It sounds awesome. No drone.

this is what i have 2.5 to 3 to 2.5 high flow cats, resonator, 2 dynomax super turbo's..........sounds very good i think.

I have ported exhaust into 2.5" into hi flow cats into xpipe into Borla pro xs.
Then I have Borla dual tips all in the center of the bumper. It sounds deep &
hairy when you step on it. Everyone has tailpipes on the side. I just wanted something different. True dual exhaust, 2.5" all the way. Vance720

Mild porting Mid length headers 2.5 exhaust high flo Cats dummy resonator cherry bomb mufflers not too loud inside but nice sound outside Hard to explain sound but sure doesn't sound like 6 cyl though

I'm running with ported stock manifolds, SCP cat-less downtubes, 2 1/4" x-pipe exhaust, and Flowmaster Super 44 mufflers out back.

It sounds very nice at idle. Plenty of rumble even with stock cam. Way better than when I was using Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers. It's very loud with these mufflers though, which many wouldn't like, and sometimes even I think it a bit too loud. It's a bit gargly though, which I acually like but I think if I had a resonator of some kind it would really clean up a lot of the loose ends I periodically have.

If anyone is curious about this muffler, I can upload a video or two.

I'm running with ported stock manifolds, SCP cat-less downtubes, 2 1/4" x-pipe exhaust, and Flowmaster Super 44 mufflers out back.

It sounds very nice at idle. Plenty of rumble even with stock cam. Way better than when I was using Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers. It's very loud with these mufflers though, which many wouldn't like, and sometimes even I think it a bit too loud. It's a bit gargly though, which I acually like but I think if I had a resonator of some kind it would really clean up a lot of the loose ends I periodically have.

If anyone is curious about this muffler, I can upload a video or two.

I have pretty much the same thing..and sounds pretty good

I'm running kooks mid length headers, no cats, no resonator, true dual 2 1/2" exhaust with magna flow mufflers. It sounds smooth and deep with the magna flows and I love it. I had some chamber style mufflers like flow masters and it sounded like a tractor. Besides flowmasters don't flow as well as the straight through design of the magna flows.

Back