The Fast and the Furious

Was it a good movie based solely on plot, storyline, and f/x?

• Yes

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 47.5%

• Total voters
X

xThunderbirdSCx

Was it a good movie, based on its plot, actual storyline and effects? (please dont judge becuase of the cars or the seeminly cult-ish following of ricers)

I personally like the movie. Reminds me of a modern version of Point Break.

My favrite movies are THE CAR , THE WRAITH and 9 1\2 WEEKS .The Fast and the Furious gave Vin the stupidest lines and tried to be to hip. I liked it , but could have been better. And the race between the supra and the Charger was the the most reallistic part of the movie . And yes ,a blown Hemi will never get bet buy a import, even if it spit a rod. I also liked LOW DOWN DIRTY SHAME cause it was funny and it had a THUNDERBIRD SUPERCOUPE .

It was an ok movie , I like any kind of racing movie or car movie.My top 3 car movies would have to be 1. Gone in 60 seconds. 2. DRIVEN 3.Corvette Summer (old movie from 1978) still pretty cool though.

I think that hollywood could do a lot better if it wants to make a movie about the street racing faithful. Not all of the cars around are imports, as a matter of fact out here in west Texas, the domestic cars still rule the streets and track. I'm hoping this whole import thing is just a phase. I'm so tired of almost pissing myself every time I hear a ricer drive by the house thinking he's got a fast car. You hear something that sounds like it's going 100mph and turn to see a honda with a fart can running about 35. Around here we call them the slow and slightly ticked off.

WHAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa ?????

Grims95SC said:
I can not think of a single good thing about that movie.
:eek: ~"OBviously, you have never owned a '69 or '70 Charger!!"
:confused: ~"Oh - one thing puzzling through the whole movie .. howcome NOBODY asked where the undercover cop got the money to PAY for his hot car?? Did I miss something???"
:(

the movie was ok. good car movie, Hollywood Knights. Sweet 65' El Camino silver with a tear drop hood and Project X 57' blown chevy. Another good movie is dazed ans confused. GTO judge,70' Chevelle SS LS5, 74' SD Trans Am, 70' Superbird and much more.

ThunderTurkey said:
:eek: ~"OBviously, you have never owned a '69 or '70 Charger!!"
:confused: ~"Oh - one thing puzzling through the whole movie .. howcome NOBODY asked where the undercover cop got the money to PAY for his hot car?? Did I miss something???"
:(
everybody was up to something illegal , so everyone supposed he was running drugs or something.

Besides the completely fake wheelstand at the end of the movie the plot was decent.

E-Bodies are nice, but greatly overrated.

Ok fine it had that one good car. Otherwise it had:
FUGLY cars
Horrid acting
Completely unrealistic plot
Made "NNNAWWWWZZZZZZ" a ricer buzzword
Do I have to mention floorboards falling out, playing with a laptop while racing or a car shooting up like 5m in the air when the nitrous bottle gets hit? Srsly, there is hardly anything in this movie that's real.
The only other thing that can be said about this, or the other F/F's is
limecat.jpg

Good movie but not great. I think they could have made a really good movie about the street racing scene without the truck highjacking sub plot.

Joe

TFAFlines.jpg

I thought the movie was fun to watch.... its just a movie....what did you expect from a movie on steet racing:rolleyes: ....if you want reality watch the news ( and even that is BS) Oh & that same plot but with me directing it.....MASTER PIECE!!!!
:cool: PReDiTR91:cool:

I liked the movie for mainly for the racing scene....... Otherwise there are alot of things in the movie that make absolutely no sence at all...

For example:

1/ In the early part of the movie, when Paul Walker was taking the Eclipse for a run....... then got into a spin. and all he said was need more "NOS". What does the NOS have to do with the car losing control?

2/ During the race...... a plate from the bottom of the car came off after he push the NOS twice. What does the plate have to do with the NOS?

3/ After he lost the race........ the car gets into a spin. Why would the car get into a spin? blown engine? Nope, he still out drove the cop after with the car.

1/ In the early part of the movie, when Paul Walker was taking the Eclipse for a run....... then got into a spin. and all he said was need more "NOS". What does the NOS have to do with the car losing control?

2/ During the race...... a plate from the bottom of the car came off after he push the NOS twice. What does the plate have to do with the NOS?

3/ After he lost the race........ the car gets into a spin. Why would the car get into a spin? blown engine? Nope, he still out drove the cop after with the car.

1. He needed nitrous oxide because his car "topped out at 140". he wanted the nitrous to make it faster.

2. The plate blows off idk why, but too much nitrous caused the manifold pressure to be too great so he blew the welds on it and fried his piston rings. i think the pan was for effect.

3. he gets into a spin, like he did before, because he is an amateur at driving the car, and when he finishes, he pulls the e-brake trying to slow down faster, thus kicking out the rear end and going into spins.

owned4.jpg
j/k :)

Last edited:
xThunderbirdSCx said:
1. He needed nitrous oxide because his car "topped out at 140". he wanted the nitrous to make it faster.

But why does the car gets into a spin?........ does topping out @ 140 makes the car spin?

2. The plate blows off idk why, but too much nitrous caused the manifold pressure to be too great so he blew the welds on it and fried his piston rings. i think the pan was for effect.

I believe the manifold is in the engine compartment, and not a plate from the pass side floor board.

3. he gets into a spin, like he did before, because he is an amateur at driving the car, and when he finishes, he pulls the e-brake trying to slow down faster, thus kicking out the rear end and going into spins.

Ummmm...... But there's no reason why he needs to slow down so fast for one thing. (besides to stop fast u need the front brakes more then the rear)He's lucky there was no cars beside him. otherwise he would of cause a few fender bender.

T-bird Tim said:
hoping this whole import thing is just a phase. I'm so tired of almost pissing myself every time I hear a ricer drive by the house thinking he's got a fast car. You hear something that sounds like it's going 100mph and turn to see a honda with a fart can running about 35.
same here. kinda like when you hear sirens and you run outside because you think theres cop action only to find out its only a Ambulance...

Last edited:
Back