Need Trailer Hitch ClassII

Peterdroy66

Anybody got something?
I am having no luck getting info on new ones from the big hitch suppliers, so might be better to get a used one, modify it, and refinish it so that it does not show at all.
Need one in the next week or so.

Hey Peter, I got a REESE hidden hitch that I had taken off my SC when I bought it. I have no use for it and it's sitting in my basement, if you want it let me know and its all yours. You may have to find your own bolts and screws tho.

Cheers,
Luke

OK

Luke
Sounds good, did this come off your SC - did it clear the bumper cover perfectly?
416-231-3932
Ryan - yes - but - it will be clean and perfect, no drilling. I will use stainless hardware too!
My car is SO new, I am confident I will be able to carefully tow once in a while without any issues.
Improved Tranny control and cooler will also be in place.

If it's for your sc, hitch suppliers only recommend the class I, saying that the part number for hidden hitch class II is 90096 and if your interested I can find a price out for you tomorrow, Availability is limited because most of the wholesalers have discontinued stocking them. I just checked availability on a class II from Hidden hitch and they responded with aprox 7-10 days. In my catalogue it does say that there is some cutting of the fascia if its for the sc for the class I so I would guess the same for the class II.

If you want I can check with Reese tomorrow and a couple others also for availability and get you some pricing.

Eric

Peter,
Yeah it did come off my 94 SC, and it didn't clear totaly. It pushed up on the bottom part of the bumper and the previous owner told me he didn't want to cut the bumper to fit it :D . Its been off a month now and the bottom lip of the bumper is practicaly back to normal form (hard to tell). I gotta run out now, but I'll give you a call when I get back in and maybe you can swing by and pick it up.

Cheers,
Luke

my parts car had a reese hitch on it, they had to seperate the buttom piece of the bumper that has the tabs vertically up,,

but im sure it says in the SC manual reaons why NOT to tow with our cars,,,

I've often thought about getting a hidden hitch for my SC, but perhaps a Class I would be sufficient for me. I'm just thinking it might be nice to pull a small, light utility trailer for weekends where I want to take the family to the cottage and the trunk just doesn't provide enough space for our gear, especially if I get a box made for the trunk with a couple of subs in it. I'd be willing to go with the Class II if the price was right.

For me though, it's imperative that I don't have to cut up my rear bumper cover at all. If I have to modify the plastic plate that mounts behind the lower valence right in the middle slightly to accomodate the receiver, then that's fine, but I don't want to be cutting or even shaving anything that's visible from behind the car.

If someone could get some really good pictures of how these things are supposed to be constructed, perhaps I'd take a stab at making my own.

If my memory serves me correctly, I think Wayne was running a small hitch on his white '92 at some point in the past. Wayne???

Also, Ted Lyons tows MiniMe behind his SC all the time!!!

Best regards,

Sean

Reese class II shadow mount prt #89017 Sccoo price $127
Hidden hitch $150? (extra shipping charges because it's a special build order)

Special order for class II hidden hitch, stocking item on the Reese. Both are not sc recommended because of the rear fascia.

Eric

dimensions

Hey
Can you get any vertical/side view dimensions?
I don't think the 94/95 cover goes as low as the earlier style.
One reason I am thinking used, is that it would not hurt to modify, or weld on a receiver lower than the stock to clear the bumper cover completely.

Back