Tubular K-Member (Round 2)

Just use a 93 up member for 4.6 from AJE. Same for Mark VIII, and I have one. I think what he is producing here is more early SC, or pre 93. And, at a better price than AJE.

I understand too. Not on a compressed time frame, just wondering if you wanted money soon, then I would have to plan for it. Still in the Navy, and I dont want to come home and work on cars or trucks either, but have to do it to pay bills. I definetly understand

Im interested in that cracking beer protocol after work! Looking forward to whatever you end up creating

I resurrected your k member from storage. It needs final welding and the motor mounts to be installed. I hope to get it to you by the beginning of the year.

I would really like one of these for my 95sc, provided it can be shipped to Canada. How much weight savings do you think It has over stock? not that I am really concerned about it. The ease of working on the car is enough with this unit. thanks.

I would really like one of these for my 95sc, provided it can be shipped to Canada. How much weight savings do you think It has over stock? not that I am really concerned about it. The ease of working on the car is enough with this unit. thanks.

Approx. 20lbs.

Update...

This is taking a lot longer than expected to get things ironed out in terms of outsourcing fabrication. I don't have the capacity to turn these out in a higher-volume settings so I've been working with local vendors in order to get these made.

Unfortunately, the cost associated with this effort is quite substantial up-front. Between welding fixtures, straightening fixtures, NRE and upfront material costs, we're looking into double-digit thousands of dollars. Add legal fees for patent disclosures, etc....tack on another double-digit thousand pricetag (In process).

For me to personally drop that kind of money, I'd be taking a huge risk....with pretty much no R.O.I.. If I were starting a company based off of this business, it would be a different story, but unfortunately that's not the case.

I have one lead out in China which would be able to produce these at about 4x less, but between customs fees and a much more difficult quality control process to monitor.....I'm not convinced it's a wise move.

With all that being said....I'm not abandoning the idea, but it's looking like I'll have to be fabricating these one at a time, which takes a lot longer. With life changes taking priority, I'm not sure how much free time I'll have to dedicate to these.

More updates to follow

Sure wish this would have happened.

As do I. Still trying to wrap up some IP, which inherently is a long and expensive process.

One or two used units may pop up over the summer as I transition to a chromoly unit for my project car (please don't PM me, just keep an eye out). I still owe one to Damon too.:eek:

Getting things together and tooling up for a small run of these. What would the preferred motor mounts be? Stock or aftermarket (energy suspensions, etc.)?

Since 89-92 and 93-97 use different motor mount brackets I can either configure the jig for both versions and utilize stock-type or configure the jig one way to incorporate one aftermarket version. The aftermarket method will cost more out of pocket so keep that in mind.

Thoughts?

Back