Fall Meet / Competitive Road Rally

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
I am about to start organizing a fall meet around the October 23rd competitive Shakey leg road rally. This will require you to have a navigator and there will be a $40 per team entry fee (registration is not open yet) that will include (2) shirts and a goody bag. All proceeds goto charity yada yada. Prizes will be things like best miles, best time etc. All cars will need to be marked with a car number. They will start everyone a minute apart. At that point they log you're miles car# the time and hand you a set of directions, those directions get you to a checkpoint with more directions that get you to a lunch stop. At the lunch stop they log everyone's miles and time as they roll in and take you off the clock. After lunch same thing as the start which gets you to another checkpoint)directions that get you back to where the rally started. At that point everything is tallied and put up on a screen prizes gave out etc. This is a great time and usually ends up being 200/220 miles of awesome roads.

I will be organizing some other activities for the weekend. Friday cookout, dinner, go kart racing etc. Any suggestions from anyone who attended the spring meet on changes etc? I am at this point planning on doing basically the same thing! This will be alot more fun with the competitive aspect to it. I plan to have some SC specific prizes to hand out based on where everyone places in the rally.

Friday 10/22/21

2pm/?? Cookout at my place

Bring you're own drinks/chips

Burgers and hotdogs (possibly pulled pork depending on headcount) will be provided.

1300 east Indian trail road
Paoli In 47454

8:30pm Dinner at Porky's BBQ

711 W Main St, Paoli, IN 47454

Saturday 10/23/21

7am

Rendivous point for cruise to Rally start

Springs Stadium 4 Theatre parking lot

573 Arnold F Habig Blvd, French Lick, IN 47432

We will be rolling from here at 7:10am sharp!

8am

Rally Start Point

Bristow Community Center

20569 Huffman Rd, Bristow, IN 47515

9am Rally starts!!

Dinner stop time TBD

Legendz Sports Bar

8695 W Jack Carnes Way #6, French Lick, IN 47432

SCCOA awards will be given for the following from our group

Best Time
Best Miles
Worst Miles

I will need a accurate head count asap for the cookout, dinner Friday and Saturday!

Sunday 10/24/21

11am Go Kart Racing

French lick Indoor Karting

8331 IN-56, West Baden Springs, IN 47469

Hey Jason I'm going to try to make it even though it's my first born birthday on the 24th. Maybe David can pick his car up from Wade and take it back home from the last one!

Hey Jason I'm going to try to make it even though it's my first born birthday on the 24th. Maybe David can pick his car up from Wade and take it back home from the last one!

1 My name is Jacob
2 Dave got his car back last week
3 6 pack of beer says you don't make it.

Jason just relax man. I've had my car the whole time dude I don't know what you mean? I am going to do my absolute best to make it even if I have to come Saturday only but it depends on birthday plans for Emmajo. The funny thing is last year due to covid they went to big splash in French luck lol. I have already tried selling that one but it didn't seem to intrigue them.

This does not change key factors that will make you not show up.

You have to drive you're car for 200/250miles

You need a navigator it is an absolutely essential thing!

There is no car show

I hope that wouldn't be a problem 200 to 250 miles. You know my sc has navigation and a car shows not a deal breaker lol.

I hope that wouldn't be a problem 200 to 250 miles. You know my sc has navigation and a car shows not a deal breaker lol.
You literraly have to have a navigator as in a second person to run the rally. A gps is completly useless.. the rally organizers will turn you away if you don't have a navigator.

Sorry to hear that. Jacob did tell me that we are using the same hotel when I talked to him the other week.

Same hotel as last time . Also registration will be opening up in a couple weeks so everyone needs to get a navigator lined out and be ready spots fill up fast !

Everyone needs to have a navigator figured out! Registration opens first of next month ! And we need to get everyone registered asap before all the slots fill up

Back