No Start

According to the manuf. spec sheet for dielectric grease, it is not advised to use directly on low tension/clamping connectors, only on larger points such as starter cables-to-starter. In your example, the manuf. suggests coating the mating surfaces where the shell on one slides over/outside the other...the idea is to create a moisture barrier, discouraging moisture from reaching the pins.
Bulkhead pins had grease on the tips, cleaned , reassembled along with every connection under dash , no change , no start . Is there anything under the seats or passenger footwell electric connections that would cause this ? Next I'll check into neutral safety switch

If you're up for a no-start troubleshooting walk-thru, you can try here: https://mnharms.com/tutorials/disnostart/

Problem is, what with the dash being out, there can be any sort of asymetric set of issues in play that make it tough to work on via a forum...

Wild guess, sorry if I missed it, did you re-attach the ground wire next to the cluster? Is the center bolt tight on the ECU connector block?

About footwell wiring, there are large looms on both sides along the sill, next to the front seats. I've heard some instances of where they were subject to damage, etc. But I'd not be too keen on chasing things like that since you, again, had the entire dash out. I'd go back over everything you touched during that process, as well as doing it all over again, keeping an eye out along the way. Point is, my money is on the dash R&R, not something else, unrelated.

If you're up for a no-start troubleshooting walk-thru, you can try here: https://mnharms.com/tutorials/disnostart/

Problem is, what with the dash being out, there can be any sort of asymetric set of issues in play that make it tough to work on via a forum...

Wild guess, sorry if I missed it, did you re-attach the ground wire next to the cluster? Is the center bolt tight on the ECU connector block?

About footwell wiring, there are large looms on both sides along the sill, next to the front seats. I've heard some instances of where they were subject to damage, etc. But I'd not be too keen on chasing things like that since you, again, had the entire dash out. I'd go back over everything you touched during that process, as well as doing it all over again, keeping an eye out along the way. Point is, my money is on the dash R&R, not something else, unrelated.
While doing the dash , both seats came out along with the carpet for shampooing . so today I'm pulling drivers seat cause there's about five connection's there , opening passenger foot well cause that's full of connections that I remember stuffing back in there . Checking dash ground and center ECU bolt.

The no start troubleshooting walk-thru posted by KMT is a great thing for everyone with a S/C or XR-7 to have, but unless I missed it in the above post's-I think 64th-35th is still fighting a no crank issue & Instrument cluster not powering up properly.

Does it have a factory security system? All that wiring runs under carpet & into trunk.

The no start troubleshooting walk-thru posted by KMT is a great thing for everyone with a S/C or XR-7 to have, but unless I missed it in the above post's-I think 64th-35th is still fighting a no crank issue & Instrument cluster not powering up properly.

Does it have a factory security system? All that wiring runs under carpet & into trunk.

All seat connections are good , there is an extra female plug /pin connector that looks like its never been used. Both dash grounds are there and tight . Checked ECU bolt /tight . Checked for pinched wires along footwell ,all good. Passenger footwell connectors are good .

All seat connections are good , there is an extra female plug /pin connector that looks like its never been used. Both dash grounds are there and tight . Checked ECU bolt /tight . Checked for pinched wires along footwell ,all good. Passenger footwell connectors are good .
extra female plug /pin connector that looks like its never been used

That should be part of the circuit that drops the door locks when you drive off. Works in tandem with an occupancy detect device in the lower seat cushion, When I took my driver seat to have the outboard bolster redone, I put the occupancy sensor in the cushion (had pulled it from a donor like 10 years ago), and skinned the seat so that was the only thing the upholstery shop had to handle...also took that time to install seat heaters. Loads of work, but it's behind me now.

You can jumper that unused connector and get auto lock on drive off, but without The occupancy sensor, it might decide to lock the doors while you're not inside, so...

Thanks for the feedback on steps you've taken so far. Wish I could look over your shoulder, I'm really curious what the problem is ;)

I have power to ignition switch , power to the start wire leaving ignition switch , tracing wire back to solenoid ..
Wire from firewall bulkhead to solenoid is good . It had a dealer installed anti theft system when new , after about 5 years it started to give me trouble , I had the dealer remove it , never had a problem after that . Neutral safety switch was replaced , no change . Except for the quart of trans fluid that poured out and onto the floor .. Going to check start wire from ignition switch to fuse box to firewall bulkhead connector Also look into backup lights not working . Hate the thought of dropping the dash again . I can see most of the wiring now . Also checked the EEC connector , all clean and good . Can any codes be pulled in this condition ? I've looked and studied my EVTM manual for hours , does the factory shop manual tell me anything that the EVTM doesn't tell me ? Is it worth buying?

Back up lights not working makes me think there is still a issue with wiring to shift switch & its not getting the park/neutral signal either, so no continuity to starter relay either. ECM doesn't control or record anything for starter circuit. I think we mentioned brake pedal switch being part of starter circuit.

Back up lights not working makes me think there is still a issue with wiring to shift switch & its not getting the park/neutral signal either, so no continuity to starter relay either. ECM doesn't control or record anything for starter circuit. I think we mentioned brake pedal switch being part of starter circuit.
Am I correct in assuming that because the brake lights work that the brake switch is working for the neutral safety switch also ?

Based on the information you provided, it looks like there was some damage to the leg wiring during the removal and replacement of the panel. It's not uncommon for large electrical wiring to line up along the door sills next to the front seats, and they can be easily damaged during repairs. To fix this problem, you should carefully inspect the wiring in the footrest area for any signs of damage or disconnection. Also, you may want to double check all the work that was done during the removal and replacement of the dash to make sure everything is properly reconnected and secured. useful to you

Based on the information you provided, it looks like there was some damage to the leg wiring during the removal and replacement of the panel. It's not uncommon for large electrical wiring to line up along the door sills next to the front seats, and they can be easily damaged during repairs. To fix this problem, you should carefully inspect the wiring in the footrest area for any signs of damage or disconnection. Also, you may want to double check all the work that was done during the removal and replacement of the dash to make sure everything is properly reconnected and secured. useful to you
Had to take some time off on this , I did check footwells , thanks . will be diving back in soon..

Back