what would u say abouit 87

is this octane plug you guys speak of only on thunderbirds. i have an M90 on a 98 mustang, i had a half tank of gas on 87 octane. i put premium now, but just want to be safe. do i have one of those???

If someone, anybody, can't afford 91+ octane, they won't be able to afford a SC. That few extra $ a month will be nothing compared to all the other problems we have.

my bird has been nice to me since i built it a good motor. Ive only had to spend a few $$ on my bird in the 6 years ive owned it (tranny) and she still keeps goin along.

I garuntee if you bought a 89 SC brand new when it came out, pulled the octane plug and drove it 'normal' and respected its limits, it would last a long time running on 87oct. My motor has less then 30,000 miles and 10,000 of those are probably from on 87oct :p

is this octane plug you guys speak of only on thunderbirds. i have an M90 on a 98 mustang, i had a half tank of gas on 87 octane. i put premium now, but just want to be safe. do i have one of those???

if you swapped out the motor and entire harness from the SC id imagin you should. Not sure if the 98 v6 stangs had one :confused:

if you swapped out the motor and entire harness from the SC id imagin you should. Not sure if the 98 v6 stangs had one :confused:

well no, i just put the M90 on the stock v6 all i did was change lower manifold, everything else was rather easy, i dont think i have one though:(

Man i had the error going on my thunderbird sc 1992. But my car did not had this gray square. It had one on the DIS module and the other conector for the octanaje does not has it in there. where can i find one of those ?

Really Hiram? After your comments in someone else's post Nov 16th that nobody on this site could give accurate answers to your many issue's
Here you go again resurrecting another 15 year old post.

If you can't afford premium you can't afford a supercoupe. These are not reliable cheap daily drivers. Get a camry and move on.

Back