NW Houston Area

txsc

Does anyone here live in The Woodlands, Spring, Magnolia, Conroe or Tomball? I MAY be making a move in that direction soon, and am interested in some first-hand information about the area.

Thanks,

JD

i have lived in Spring for the better part of most of my 30 yrs, im now in Humble which is basically just a tad east.....right next to the airport.
the woodlands is just north of spring(great area) without even getting into the details.
Magnolia/Tomball are basically just west of spring/woolands... and are also good areas....one of our members lives in magnolia, another lives in Conroe, just Norh of the woodlands....i assume you are moving for work related and its in the general north Houston area........if i was you and just assuming you make a decent living, look into the woodlands area.
;)

Yep, looking at possibly being transfered by my company. Their Houston plant is located on Rankin road, right off the corner of Aldine-Westfield.

I could take 45 or the Hardy up to those areas I listed. I brought the family over on Saturday for a look-around. We like The Woodlands but I always like to get first-hand information from residents, if possible. Looks like some nice areas in Spring, too. We only had a few hours to look around, so didn't get to see too much. More than anything, just wanted to see how they reacted to the general area. They seemed to like it, so I just have to hammer out the details and $$$ with the company. I should know more by the end of this week.

Keep the information coming; I appreciate any feedback on the area...

Thanks,

JD

JD,

Yes all the areas are pretty nice areas, The best areas of spring/ woodlands that you should look will be west side of I-45.....and your right the toll road would be a straight shot to where you need to go for work......
by any chance you work for BJ services, i thinks there over there...i havent really been down that way recently, If i was you i would narrow it down to spring/woodlands, they will have probably the best overall schools(if you have school aged kids)i went through the spring ISD system....its been awile but it probably as good as its going to get considering your are moving to the burbs of the 4th largest city in US.
Crime..........again, its around but where is it not?..note i have never been a victim of any crime in allmy years in this general area.
shopping....mucho around the woodlands area and nice too.
i will be home towards the end of the month if i could be of any help ill be there for about a week.:)

Robert

Woodlands.

My Dad Lives In The Woodlands, Really A Nice Place. If I Had A Good Job Out There That's Probably Where I'd Go.
Rrs

JD,

Yes all the areas are pretty nice areas, The best areas of spring/ woodlands that you should look will be west side of I-45.....and your right the toll road would be a straight shot to where you need to go for work......
by any chance you work for BJ services, i thinks there over there...i havent really been down that way recently, If i was you i would narrow it down to spring/woodlands, they will have probably the best overall schools(if you have school aged kids)i went through the spring ISD system....its been awile but it probably as good as its going to get considering your are moving to the burbs of the 4th largest city in US.
Crime..........again, its around but where is it not?..note i have never been a victim of any crime in allmy years in this general area.
shopping....mucho around the woodlands area and nice too.
i will be home towards the end of the month if i could be of any help ill be there for about a week.:)

Robert

Robert,

I'm with Greene, Tweed & Co, right across Rankin from Baker-Hughes. I'm thinking we're probably going to look mostly in The Woodlands if I can find a house with enough garage space. Good info on the schools; I have one in 4th. and one in 6th., so schools are going to be pretty important for a few years to come. Conveinent shopping is a negative to me; ends up costing me too much money!

Anyway, if you think of anything else, let me know.

Thanks,

JD

Man,Am I going to be the only one round these parts with an SC ?? Just told my wife the other night what I wanted for my B-Day on the 27th.......To be able to drive the coupe........Still need tires,tags,insurance........Sorry to see ya go if it happens,but I understand....You are a wealth of knowledge and experience................

You mentioned crime.

My nephew had his truck stolen from the Academy parking lot around Christmas. Was in Academy for 5 minutes. Walked up on the truck and it started. Watched his 1 ton, new 4-wheeler, and all his hunting equipment drive away.

But I would stick to the Woodlands. Nicest people in town. I say this and I don't live anywhere near. But everytime I go up there we notice. If you want to get out a bit more in the woods, Conroe is nice.

And if you want to switch over to the snoody side, look at Kingwood. Good schools, and good people.

Woodlands/Kingwood

My two cents:
I guess if you still have school aged kids, you might be better off in the Montgomery School ISD or Spring ISD, not sure of the borders. They seem to rank higher than the area that Im in (Humble Atascocita). I work in the development/homebuilding arena and have spent many years throughout all parts of Houston, so I get a good feel. The Woodlands is very nice, lots of good shopping, some of the nicer areas towards the back tend to be very time consuming in getting to the "front of the woodlands"(Near I-45), some areas can take up to 35 minutes in the morning, mainly due to the population density. The ovrall trajectory for development over the next 5-7 years is up 59 towards Cleveland with fill in developments between 59 and 45 along 1314 and 242. A large developer out of Dallas has bought 21,000 acres of land outside of Cleveland for the next major master planned community, which in other parts of the country would be considered a suburb, in Houston it usually means, next to be annexed. Land values have tripled in just 2 years outside the Cleveland area. This will be the direction many major homebuilders will take. If this is a short term transfer(Less than 5 years) I would consider an area away from any new home developments, as the building industry is going to shake up like we have never seen it( 6 of the top ten builders will be bankrupt in the next 6 months). So stay away from new home areas unless you plan to be there for awhile. Kingwood is very nice and the areas of Humble along West Lake Houston between Beltway 8 and 1960 are another area of tremendous new growth and shopping development. The areas would be called Lakeshore, Waters Edge, Summerwood. A little less pricey than the Woodlands, and close to the NHRA drag strip, just ten minutes. Magnolia is a good area of the Lake Conroe area FYI. Let me know if I can help with any home info...Many builders are taking 30% off across the board right now, you can pretty much name your price on inventory homes..

BTW I need an SC so you dudes with 50 of em back off so I can get just one...trying to find something inexpensive to work on with my son. I had a 89 /5Speed/Black/Grey Leather/ bought with 9k miles..wanted to find something close to that, every one I find the seller flakes out in some way shape or form, no one ever seems to have a title.

Back