1992 SC T-Bird as a first car ?

DannyS

car has 115k miles , one owner vehicle .California car it’s whole life , interior is clean , leather seats with no rips . Would this be a solid first car that is reliable ? It’s between this one and an iroc z28

I am mechanically inclined and have tools and a garage yes
Then you will be fine. Biggest things that usually fail with that amount of miles are head gaskets and harmonic balancer. Just get a repair manual like the one from Haynes and ask questions here or on the FB groups.

Then you will be fine. Biggest things that usually fail with that amount of miles are head gaskets and harmonic balancer. Just get a repair manual like the one from Haynes and ask questions here or on the FB groups.
Will do , I think I’ll be good , talked to the owner , elderly man , owned it since brand new . My pops had one a couple years back so he definitely will be a big help

My first car was a 1991 SC that I bought in 2012 with 130,000 miles and my second car was a 1990 SC with 125,000 miles. The 1991 SC blew its head-gaskets in 2019 (which I fixed with a mechanic-friend’s help) and the 1990 SC had a bad harmonic balancer that was replaced in 2017.
It can be done, but if you want a bulletproof car that almost never has issues, I’d suggest a Crown Victoria. I’ve also heard multiple stories about people with 1996-1997 Tbird/Cougar LX lasting over 300,000 miles with almost no issues.

If you choose Super Coupe, it will become a lifestyle. I now own four and have a storage unit half full of spare parts.

315k on my 97 lx 4.6 auto but I did replace motor and trans... Still a damn good car tho. I've had my SC for way less time and done far more work

Back