Stock manifolds
MP plenum
Oversized griffin radiator
Fan for intercooler
Egr valve delete
Lucas 60LB injectors
Pro-M 90 MAF
85mm TB (might be 90)

So I have been learning to tune with BE. After alot of research i installed a WB and the car was running poorly. After multiple attempts and failures i have finally dialed in my MAF and fueling. The car runs great!! I never knew anything about tuning but have learned quite a bit in the last 6 months (on/off). So now i am trying to figure out how to adjust timing and Yes i am aware what will happen if i make a mistake. Hints why i am here. At WOT from 4k-5k my timing is only 12.7 -13.8*. I feel like i can add quite a bit more timing from the factory tune but I'm not quite sure if that is the case. I am wondering is this a lazy amount of timing? The car lost/corrupted is data in the QH which was replaced btw and a standard tune was flashed on it for the SC. Before the car was much much faster and i suspect that its due to Timing. Not an expert by any means but think this is where the issue is. I think for 18lb at 12.7-13.8* of timing is quite lazy for the car. I could be wrong though. I have been doing some research on this forum and others but cant tell if this is correct for this setup. Other setups i have seen where running 24-26* of timing. I will also attach my tune ive been working on and datalogs to help or if someone has any insight i would appreciate it

Tune
Datalog

Depends on your fuel, but on 93 octane, i think you have plenty of timing in it already. 24-26 is way too much for pump gas at 18psi.

Depends on your fuel, but on 93 octane, i think you have plenty of timing in it already. 24-26 is way too much for pump gas at 18psi.
93 octane at the moment. Since I am able to tune I was thinking of using E85. I heard to run E85 just a pump and tune is all for the 94/95. The 410lb fuel pump can do either or.

Stock intercooler or double IC? What is your IATs? It is likely pulling timing due to high IAT.

Sorry for the late response it’s a single IC looking at doing a FMIC since I have a welder now. But the IAT is is usually around 106 but has spiked to 120. Which is why I was thinking of running E85. Should help the blower/Motor run cooler. I’ve looked into to it and found that the ECU would adjust the timing automatically I would just need to dial the E85 fueling side with a 9.7 ratio.

The ecu wont adjust the timing for e85. It just pulls timing for high iat and or coolant temps. You could change the parameters to not pull timing till higher temps.

For the difference in the fuels I would just make the injector slopes about 30percent smaller. To add the extra fuel that e85 requires.

The ecu wont adjust the timing for e85. It just pulls timing for high iat and or coolant temps. You could change the parameters to not pull timing till higher temps.

For the difference in the fuels I would just make the injector slopes about 30percent smaller. To add the extra fuel that e85 requires.

Oh hmm I seen a couple mustangs threads stating that. I thought you didn’t want to mess with your injector slopes. Dang would’ve been easier to tune it that way than off the MAF curve lol

Or you can just change the stoich value from the stock 14.64 value to the actual AFR for the concentration of ethanol your running.

Hey Decipha, do the old EECs have that stoich parameter? I don't recall seeing it in my BE stuff, but its been a long time since I looked and or I have an old strategy file. I'll have to look sometime. Yes that is the absolute easiest way and works excellent when I changed the Marauder over to E85.

Or you can just change the stoich value from the stock 14.64 value to the actual AFR for the concentration of ethanol your running.

So what should I target my AFR on E85? 9.6? Or can I just adjust injector slopes and use the 14.6 gasoline AFR scale instead of converting everything to E85 AFR scale if that makes any sense.

Just change the stoich value to E85 or if it asks for the actual number put 9.8. And just leave the fuel table alone if it is already set. The fuel table should still be in gas scale. 11.7 is fine at WOT.

Just change the stoich value to E85 or if it asks for the actual number put 9.8. And just leave the fuel table alone if it is already set. The fuel table should still be in gas scale. 11.7 is fine at WOT.
So I checked the tune and dont see what you are talking about. Unless you are referring to the OL Base fuel table and OL Managed Fuel Air Table but there isnt anything i can change the Stoich valve unless i change them all. I am curious where in the tune your talking about. I ended up just decreased the Injector High/Low slope to 32% more fuel. After that i reset the KAMRF and let the car idle for 20 mins. Started up just fine and toke it around for a drive. the car was much slower on E85 but after a couple of pulls its faster than on 93. Im assuming the 93 just needed to clear the lines. Not quite sure what the concentration of the E85 is but did some research and supposedly Meijers is the best place to get it. But so far so good car runs good. Only problem now is at 5k im at 93% duty cycle :( with 46lb injectors. But i would like to know where those changes where supposed to be made in the tune though, trying to learn as much as possible. Thanks for all the help everyone!!!

Back