Buck Tag on rad support.

Ok that’s good,

SH Is a S=95 H=Loraine
RH Is a R=94 H=Loraine

Year is when at the plant regardless of MY on registration.

Another one solved. I wish I can edit my posts. This new forum has a 5 min rule to edit.

Keyless Entry - Pad on the door, basically.
Not sure I can associate it yet the KE cars have KEY also. So which one is the indicator? I was thinking KEY is the Keyless Entry pad indicator but I’m not dismissing your observation.

Good point, now you have me wondering. The buck tag for my '90 Anny is below, FWIW. I have a 'spare' I pulled off a wrecked Anny - didn't want it floating around tempting someone that might try to fake one.

Attachments

• 1654752316570.png
    1654752316570.png
    852.8 KB · Views: 15
KMT'S is made same day as mine 0319, 1,867 difference in sequence
#s in upper left are completly different 1305 vs 1121 but both have a M underneath
lower left mine is 7R2, his is YRT. Different DSO's oviously.

I cant imagine they did 1867 cars in between, I thought sequence was based as orders came in and then vin issued, Maybe they group the cars that are similar to have the same trim to be efficient. But interesting observations. I am still curious as to what that left bottom section represents. The R continues to repeat. I know the vin has on the 8th character an R to recognize that its the SC. I wonder if the R in this spot recognizes the same. R2 seems to be common, 7, Y or blank in the 1s changes, R is always on the second, I see T or 2 on the third. So I see a pattern forming but not sure.

I wonder if you will always see KE and KEY paired up. Might be a safe assumption. Any other examples would be good.

I agree with ricardoa1, the sequence # (& complete VIN) must reflect when the order was received, not when they are actually built.
I know the sequence # reflects all unit's built at Loraine, not just the T-bird's. So there would be Cougar's & Lincoln LSC's inserted along the line at the same time. I see this one of KMT's was built 2 day's after his other 1 & right in between his & my other 1 on(19th) . FAB BIRD from Switzerland also has 1 built on the 19th.

At 1 time I had a theory that all 35th's were built in March,but I've since seen some in other month's. Based on what's been posted here, a lot of them must have been though?

Sorry also to ricardoa1 for getting off topic of your orig post.

Any idea if the buck tag calls out seatbelts (US vs. CAN) and, airbags in later years?

Any idea if the buck tag calls out seatbelts (US vs. CAN) and, airbags in later years?
Is that possibly the T5 that we can’t figure out what it means?

I just see ABS on the 94s but not on the 95s even thought we know they had ABS.

It does call out the seat belt difference in 4th digit of VIN, B for Canada (1FAB) or P for U.S. (1FAP) & L for air bag (1FAL)
I don't see anything on buck tag though & 1 thought it would be there since A & B pillar's would be built different or have different fastening points built into them to accomadate which ever system was used?

Mine all have the T5 on the tag & they were sold in Canada & have the ''B" seat belt system.
I thought maybe the 94's & 95's had a SRS stamped in the tag for air bag's?

I was told the 1R below sequence # is to call out 2 tone paint scheme & where the break point was. Easy to prove I guess, just need to look at a non 35th.

I was told the 1R below sequence # is to call out 2 tone paint scheme & where the break point was. Easy to prove I guess, just need to look at a non 35th.
That should be the color code. And it’s consistent to the door stocker codes on some cars. KM is my color and both places seem to match on the blue car. For my project I’ll just do the same and use the door sticker code. I’m not sure why it’s a different code on other colors.
It does call out the seat belt difference in 4th digit of VIN, B for Canada (1FAB) or P for U.S. (1FAP) & L for air bag (1FAL)
I don't see anything on buck tag though & 1 thought it would be there since A & B pillar's would be built different or have different fastening points built into them to accomadate which ever system was used?

Mine all have the T5 on the tag & they were sold in Canada & have the ''B" seat belt system.
I thought maybe the 94's & 95's had a SRS stamped in the tag for air bag's?

Have not seen an example with SRS yet, hopefully other will join the discussion. So still some mysteries to be resolved. There has got to be more than 3 people active on the SCCoA forum lol or maybe ppl are afraid of showing their numbers. IDK. In a few years SCCoA forum discussion will be a one post a month kinda deal. The bottom left most is of importance to me, I seem to be comfortable with most of the others. I won’t be able to replicate the upper left most as that’s just random. Maybe I’ll do 0001 to be silly.

OK here's mine. Gonna say what I know on the 94.
94 red 5 speed, moon roof, dimming mirror, keyless, power antenna, tag on pass side.
20220609_184953.jpg
95 black auto, moon roof, standard mirror, cell phone, keyless, cd premium sound no sub or changer, power antenna, tag on driver side.
20220609_185554.jpg

Thank you Chris what is the interior code and paint code on the door, I keep seeing UA as black on the door but IR on the buck. Not sure why blacks do that. R2 on the 94 is interesting and seems to match another 94Is the 94 Tan? I see an H as correlating. 6 seems to be opal gray. 95 says it as 116 and 94 says it as P6, for opal.

I see what you mean about ABS on 94, but not 95, especially since all 1989 & newer SC's had ABS.
& they moved the tag to left side in 95?

I see what you mean about ABS on 94, but not 95, especially since all 1989 & newer SC's had ABS.
& they moved the tag to left side in 95?
Placement seems to be random I think. Whomever worked on the plant that day and had the screw driver. Not sure this is all fascinating haha.

I can't find it right now, but there is a pic on here of a tag (same size & material as the buck tag) ) on a 93? T-bird.
The only thing on it & in the same font was EMPLOYEE BUILD right in the middle of it. It was fastened to
the cradle beside the buck tag using the same screw & another 1 wired to trunk hinge painted body color.

It must've been something that was entered into the system when the order was placed.

That’s cool. Probably means extra care cause Job 1 was well not so 1 at times. Nice find yeah it’s common on mustangs to have double tags.

Back