ABS Conversion

35th

So I know that several people have done this conversion but I cant find an answer for one thing. the 93 crown vic no police interceptor master cycl. has a brake line fitting that is M16x1.0 how do I convert that to fit my rear brake line which is m12x1.0 I've looked everywhere that I know to check I can't even find a m16x1.0 fitting on google as if its not a real thing.... thats the only thing holding me up from finishing this...

I don't think what you are looking for does exist. See my reply to your post yesterday, asking the same question.

It definitely exist this is from a post on here

Attachments

• 20230321_175532.jpg
    20230321_175532.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 12
Not what I was thinking of at all. Never seen a adapter like that. Looks like a chunk of rubber hose.
Good luck, hope you find something.

That same type of adapter is on many Ford vehicles master cylinders, you don’t need to get it specifically off a 93 crown Vic. You should be able to get it off pretty much any year crown Vic or grand Marquis in the junkyard. Or here is one on eBay, but for $62, I would grab one from the junkyard.

well darn it I'm an idiot I thought you where referring to the splitter that whole time sorry mike

Doug didn't you say you had converted one of these at some point?
No sir, mine are all stock. I only remarked I had read posts on here in the past that you needed to use a proportioning/check valve between the cylinder & the current brake line. I think you were hoping to find a adapter.

Pulled the only 3 I can find and guess what they are all wrong 3 different thread patterns none of which are correct so you can't just get them off a Ford... Pulled from a mustang, town car, and f150

Is the part that threads into the master the same? If so, you can either cut the fitting off the brake line and swap to the right one and re-flare it, or buy an adapter fitting from an auto parts store that goes from the SC threads to the proportioning valve threads.

I've called every JY within 75 miles and no one has that car... No parts store carries it Google doesn't find it only comes up with the three I have.. Nothing on ebay or Amazon.... Total nonsense not even a picture of one can be found

Wrong part I have one of those

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230322-141911_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230322-141911_Chrome.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 7
I think the problem might possibly be that the m/c isn't supposed to be a 93 crown vic because looking at the post describing the parts need that says 93 crown vic master cylinder and shows a photo of it the ports on are the wrong side meaning that either its not supposed to be out of a 93 vic or the photo is not of a 93 vic m/c

what if I got a M/c that had 4 ports and just simply closed one off that I didn't need... wouldn't that work?

Back