10% Overdrive and cam, Tune required?

17brpeterson1

Basically, I bought a 1990 SC and am rebuilding the engine. Not looking to go too crazy on it in terms of performance, just a little boost would be nice.
Was thinking about throwing a mild cam in and adding a 10% overdrive pulley and was wondering how far I could get while remaining within the stock tunes capabilities. If I end up needing to tune it, would swapping over to the later 36# injectors off the bat be a good idea for this setup?

cam:
https://www.compcams.com/xtreme-ene...-roller-cam-for-ford-3-8-4-2l-6-cylinder.html

The 10% overdrive will make a lot of heat. You will feel an improvement when you nail the throttle which will quickly go away as the ACTs will spike and your computer will pull a ton of timing. I dont think the cam will hurt anything as the stock cam is very mild. As for tuning I would contact David Dalke as he is the king of tuning here

Ken

Yes you would need a tune. If you go with those 2 parts do a front mount intercooler and some larger injectors probably at least 42lbs. Also do some better valve springs.

Don't buy that cam, it's awful. But with the right custom grind and the 10% it will run really well.

Back