1989 mercury cougar xr7 5-speed red/grey cloth, 17k miles

BUDXR7

SCCoA Member
1989 Mercury Cougar XR7
3.8L Supercharged, 5 speed
Original Red Paint
Original Grey Cloth, Premium Sound, auto headlights, auto dimming, fluid monitor
17k Miles

This car shines like the day it was new. All original paint waxed every year. One blemish on rear bumper which can be seen in video. Interior is spotless with no tears/failing seams. Everything works exactly the way it should. AC was rebuilt about 5 yrs ago and blows cold. Below is a list of upgrades done, all original parts (right down to the tires, spark plugs and wires still on hand). I'm sure I've forgotten some stuff. Never been on a dyno but it runs real strong. Exhaust is subtle but deep. Haven't put more than 500 miles on it in the past 5 yrs because of little kids. Sat since November 19 but started right up. Took it for a ride on the highway and all ran smooth (no flat spots on tires either). Washed, added wax and covered back up. Always covered and in the garage. I know the car has never seen rain during my ownership and believe this to be true of the original owner who I bought it from.

I hate to offer this up but it just doesn't get appreciated they way it should. This car is a collectors show piece and I understand this may not be the forum to sell it on (or even the time to sell it?) but I'll give you guys the first look and solicit your feedback. Flickr link at the end of the post (the first 7 files in my stream are from 11/8/20, any others are from many years ago). Any questions, let me know.

$17k

Suspension/brakes
Eibach 1.5" lowering springs
Spring Cups
Upper Control Arms
Lower control arms
Sway bar end-links
93+ Spindles
Mustang PBR calipers
KVR rotors-front
pads-front
KVR rotors-rear
pads rear
stainless braided brake lines
new 225 60 R16 Eagle RS-A

Exhaust
custom single SS 3" to dual 2.5" exhaust
ss magnaflow resonator
ss borla mufflers
ss turndowns
high flow cats

Engine
94-95 blower w/ coated rotors
S-port on blower + rebuilt (dalke)
S-port on plenum (dalke)
EGR delete
BBK 70mm throttle body
76mm mass air w/ purple tube
60lb Sieman Deka
high flow 340lph fuel pump
Quarter horse w/ binary editor
Dalke base tune
Double Intercooler (kwagner)
Intercooler fan (ignition solenoid)
billet thermostat housing
180 thermostat
Wires
Plugs
Belts
AC compressor
K&N filter
BJM balancer
aluminum underdrive pulley
HD spring tensioners

Interior
rebuilt head unit (protos)
rebuilt cd player (added/protos)
infinity 6x8 all around
400w kenwood 1824BT (bluetooth) amp for speakers
JBL sub-enclosure (added) w/ 8" JL (sub rebuilt)
500w amp for sub https://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/sa500-1.html
35% tint all around

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23753292@N04/with/50583795022/

IMG_4665[1].JPG

BUDXR7

SCCoA Member
Bump... if anybody is serious about a 99.9% perfect low mileage cougar, let me know. Life has changed for me and I'm open to discussion. If I don't get any interest on here I'll probably open it up to other selling platforms.

XR7 Dave

Can't tell from the pictures, but does it have the moonroof? Would love to have it, just can't really afford it.

BUDXR7

SCCoA Member
The car is still in deep hibernation. A couple more spring rains to wash the salt off the roads and I'll get it out.