1989 XR7 black on red cloth 5 spd

Jason Parham

Guys I think after having this car for 15 years (my dad bought it new) its time to move on. The problem is living an hour away from our garage in Tuscaloosa, I dont think I'll have to time to properly maintain the XR7. Its a black 1989 XR7, burgundy cloth interior, 5 speed and a moonroof. The car does have an Alabama title and since it has been in the family new I can give you the ENTIRE history on the car. Car has not been driven in about 2 years.

-139,000 miles
-less than 20,000 miles on rebuilt engine
-tokico handling package (illumina II's and 1 1/4" drop springs)
-3.55 gears
-3/4" raised and ported supercharger outlet
-1996 factory Mustang headers (EGR tube blocked off so Check Engine light is on)
-Flowmaster American Thunder 2 exhaust with no catalytic converts
-I still have stock springs and full exhaust system (including manifolds) if desired
-brand new rear window molding still in box (ford apparently redesigned it where it hooks under the glass to prevent pulling up at the corners from shrinkage, so you have to remove the glass to put this on)
-Alpine 7826P CD player with Polk EX572 speakers bought back in 1997(adapter harnesses used throughout, so no splicing was involved and all factory components are still with me)
-The clutch master cylinder seems a bit weak so it could probably stand to be replaced (it is still the original)
-Hood, roof, and truck dinged by acorns falling. Car could use a paintjob anyway due to some clearcoat failure developing on the upper surfaces.
-Antilock warning light is lit on dash, havent ran codes to see what problem is. Brakes appear to still work fine though.
-I also have the original window sticker (laminated), 1989 newspaper ad from Bill Deloach Lincoln-Mercury in Tuscaloosa for this car, 1989 Cougar dealer brochure, 2 magazine ads, and a sealed unbuilt Revell model kit that will be included.

I'm not sure really what to ask for it but I suppose I'll start at $1500 but will entertain any reasonable offer.
Thanks for your time,
Jason

Pics

I do have some pics but nothing recent at all. Send over your email address and I will forward them your way next time I am down there (may not be this weekend though)

-Jason

Several people have asked about the condition of the body. Aside from the acorn dings and clearcoat noted above, the body is in great shape and the lower panels are very, very solid with no rust issues. This is an Alabama car and has always been so. We don't deal with road salting.

This car would be a great starting point for someone looking for a solid vehicle. As I mentioned before, my dad bought this car new so I know all of the history on it since day one.

Back