1990 SC wont start

BrianD1978

I recently got a 90 super coupe with 55,000 miles with the automatic trans. I replaced the plugs, wires, coil pack, DIS module, fuel filter, and all the belts just because everything was original and old. I also replaced the bad AC compressor. I started and drove the car after I completed the work with no issues. The car was parked over the winter indoors and now will not start. It cranks over but sounds like the timing is off. I did get it to start a few times, it's runs like crap for about 20 seconds, revs up and down on its own and then dies. Fuel is good. From what I see from Google maybe the crank position sensor is bad? I just need some input before I buy one. Maybe something I'm missing.? Thanks.

35th

When you are cranking the engine is your yellow up shift light on or off it should be off if it's on that relates to either crank or cam position sensor I believe

BrianD1978

The yellow arrow shows up sometimes, sometimes not. I did get it to fire last night and it ran ok for a little longer than 30 seconds then just died again. When I cranked it over again it sounds like the timing is off. I can here the fuel pump and the injectors clicking with the key in the on position without trying to crank it over...weird.

35th

Unplug your cam sensor try to start it with cam sensor unplugged it is supposed to take multiple attempts for it to start without cam sensor note whether it's harder to start or easier to start without cam sensor unplugged