1990 T-Bird SC 14,030 miles -original owner

90SC MyWay

$6,000
I have a 1990 SC 5 speed that I am the original owner of. This car has 14,030 original miles, has never been driven in the rain and kept in a near climate controlled California garage since new. It was my intention to someday start driving it again but I have lost interest in going down that avenue, I am getting old. It was bought as a weekend car by me and I drove it that way for the first few years then I began to only drive it a few times a year, then 7 years ago I stopped the insurance and yearly registration...so only was starting it up a few times a year and once a year drive it around the block. It has now been sitting in the garage for about 3-4 years without ever being started....so sad. I feel that it might start right up, but I have been told to not do that now that the gas is old. I am not a mechanic but if I was I would do what is needed for a car that has been sitting for at least 3 years and sell it for much more. I think it might take very little to get it up to pristine working condition, it is already cosmetically in factory fresh pristine condition.

Here is what is known,
Bright Red clear coat exterior, Titanium cloth interior. 100% stock engine, interior, drive train, but for four 1 1/2" Eibach lowering springs (I have the 4 original springs) The deck lid wing is from a 1985 Trans Am. The wing, springs and tint were professionally installed in the first few years I bought the car. Factory wheels were polished (silver paint removed). California car NEVER driven in the rain/snow/ice. It has been outside overnight a handful of times and very little all day sun---duh 14,000 miles, how much sun is that? I have all papers from day one including the emissions tests (California SMOG test) up to the last time I registered it. (registered now as what we in California call non-opp status -this is not bad, just lets DMV know that it is still a valid car that is not being driven, I get registration renewals every year from DMV). Interior is flawless, glass is flawless, body is flawless but for a very small shopping cart dent on the passenger door, that could be easily taken out with a door dent repair person as there is no broken paint. The auto tilting rear view mirror does not tilt. One of the light bulbs in the keyless entry pad is out. The factory stereo has issues but should work with a new head unit, I can explain about that if you are interested. The A/C would need to have the seals replaced. A/C known issue for this car and it could be converted to 134a. Last time I drove it around the block 3-4 years ago the power steering made a sound, maybe just needs to be flushed and changed? Of course non smoker car.

This car is located near San Fransisco Ca. in a town called Martinez, 94553
I am sad to let go of this car but more sad for this car to sit and not be enjoyed. I would like to sell it to someone that can appreciate it and enjoy it, but if you are a shade tree mechanic and want to change all the fluids/get it going and sell it for over $10,000 go for it. If I don't get $6,000 I might have someone do what is needed and then try to get $10,000+ for it. Please don't leave a phone number and ask me to text you....I don't text. I posted a shaky short video on youtube titled "1990tbird12345" if this link does not work.

20211009_133034.jpg20211009_133056.jpg20211009_133122.jpg20211009_133145.jpg20211009_133206.jpg20211009_133331.jpg2021-10-09 16.30.57.jpg

forgot to say....this car has never been hit, scratched or in the body shop. 100% original car. By the way this is what the car looks like after sitting in the garage for 4 years...I did not even wash it.
This is a great deal for someone in that area.
Too far for me( Ontario Canada)
Good luck with sale.
Doug...thank you. I do think it is a good deal. Mostly just want it to be driven/enjoyed and not rot away. California will give me $2,000 to scrap it...that is not going to happen.

I'm a buyer for your car at $6000, it looks to be in fantastic condition. Please feel free to give me a call anytime at 847-833-2526.
Thanks, Ken

UPDATE Oct. 10, 2021
some more info.
Here is the last emissions test results, note the date (5/8/2012) and millage (14,009) Test results are way below the average. All my paperwork verifies mileages from day one to now. Last time it had current registration was through 2014. I have seen specialty dealers selling cars like this with this kind of low millage and asking 30-35k and they sold them. I swear I should just crank it over and start it up but the price will go way up. In this video the guy talks about stickers on the car... this is how my car is also...factory stickers/tags all over the under carriage and engine compartment and those body vin# stickers on the bumpers/fenders ect. Engine and undercarriage is as clean as this car in the video. NOTE: THIS VIDEO IS NOT MY CAR just one I found on the net when researching prices. They were asking $34,900 for this one.

Today I also connected my truck battery to the T-bird and went through and tested all the lights, powers-seats/locks/windows, turn signals, fan, dash warning lights, keyless entry pad (both the factory # and the one that can be programed) and all tested out working. I do hope the person that someday gets this car does not hot rod it up. It will lose most all of it's value if that is done. As said this car is bone stock less the tint/deck spoiler/lowering springs. By the way, the Eibach springs are progressive and did not change the ride comfort quality from the stock springs, they just lowered the car 1 1/2" inches but if you want put the stock springs back on, they go with the car.
The car is now back up on the suspension storage blocks. I took it off the blocks to take the photos/video.

smog tbird.JPG

I can't believe this isn't sold yet.

Doug, lol yes right. I can't believe I don't just start it up, drive it to a mechanic, have all the fluids bled/changed and get another 15-20K even without fixing the radio issue and converting the A/C to 134a. Maybe the $6,000 is not enough and people think it is too good of a deal and there is something wrong. What is wrong with it?....I get depressed looking at it sitting in the garage. It would be nice to have that garage spot, but I don't need it, it is a 4 car garage....and I don't need the money. Anyhow, one day when this is worth some insane price (I think $35k is insane) I will either be dead or too senile to care unlike the the mint '79 Trans Am I sold 35 years ago and see them going for ridiculous prices on Barrett Jackson. I probably devalued the T/A by putting an expensive show paint job on it, but 35 years ago I did not "give" that one away at such a great price for the buyer.

trans am.jpg

Please please please text me 8328061888 I will buy and pick up wherever

oh my are you just a joker...the add says "I don't text." you are funny.
----------------

UPDATE Oct. 13 2021 That is if anyone reads these....
I might soon take it back off the storage blocks, put my truck battery in it, start it up and do a video driving it around the block....of course when I do this the price is going up and if I drive it to a mechanic and have the fluids changed, gas replaced then the price is going WAY up. From what others have sold with extreme low millage, nothing mechanically wrong and pristine condition, it looks like I can get more than I paid when new. The only reason why I am selling for this ridiculous low price is I have not driven/started it for almost 4 years and the gas in it is much older than that. I even have the receipt from the last tank of gas I put in, yep 10 years ago! There was nothing wrong with this car last time I drove it but as said in the add noticing when parked and turning the steering wheel the power steering made a noise, that must be due to low or old fluid... I don't know. And the A/C...I know what is wrong with this....the line seals dry out easily and the freon leaks out. The same thing happened 26 years ago. I took it to the dealer (on Aug 19, 1996) and had the A/C fixed but without using the car enough the A/C line connection seals dried out again so that issue came back about 20 years ago. I did not research how much to convert the A/C to 134a as that would also need to be done for me to sell for 20K+.

Oh and if anyone notices that there are posts from others here in this thread that say I left you a PM ("conversion" is PM here) or phone number...I have replied and or talked to them all, they just don't get back to me. Maybe some people just have lots of free time, but I don't mind.

Hello, Seems like i might be a little late here, but is your bird still for sell?

Tom 951 296-7524
Hi Tom, I will give a you call.

UPDATE: Oct. 14, 2021:
Well I jump started it with my truck and just as I said it should and did START RIGHT UP! I said if I do this then the price is going up, right now I am uping it to $7,000. If I take it out of the garage and do/post a video driving it around the bock then it is going up another $1,000 to $8,000. I have not decided how much more if I take it to the mechanic and have all the fluids changed but it will not be this cheap as I will be putting money into it.

Why does it feel like threats? Feels like you're reprimanding people for not buying this car yet. I would have gotten it if I had the available dough, as well as others would have also I believe. I just feel like you're attempting to punish people for not just making it happen when you say so... This is not cool.

Why does it feel like threats? Feels like you're reprimanding people for not buying this car yet. I would have gotten it if I had the available dough, as well as others would have also I believe. I just feel like you're attempting to punish people for not just making it happen when you say so... This is not cool.
I am sorry that you feel this way. I have been PMed and they think this is scam because the price is so low. I wanted to start it up long before I put this add up. The extreme low price is because who wants to buy a car that they cannot even start up...well now they can so that comes at a cost. I am not ignorant in knowing what this car is worth. If you knew what was going on with people saying they are going to fly out/buy it and I never hear from them again you would understand. Maybe others are still waiting for me to drive it or have all the fluids changed, if I do then just letting it be known that it is not going to be the same price. I am also not reprimanding anyone...don't like the price....don't buy it. But please take my apology if you are offended. By the way it is very cool for the person who buys this at such a low price.

Inquiring about your thunderbird SC, is it still available. Just saw the thread and am very interested. I am from Fresno so I am not that far away. 559-548-0567 Robert. Thank you

Hi Robert,
Thank you for your interest. I have an arrangement for someone to come and buy it today. Should it be a no show I will call you.

Back