1990 XR7 No crank No start.

NoahF2001

Is your car stick or auto? You've bypassed the ctutch or neutral switch?
Auto. I don’t think I bypassed anything the wire runs from ignition switch to the red connector. It’s cranking now with no start. Where’s the fuel rail location? I’m getting spark so I wanna test for fuel pressure. I can hear the pump priming so it’s not a issue with the pump itself. Considering it’s newer anyway.

NoahF2001

Also is there a certain setup for the dis? I may have the wires in the wrong holes now lmao and could be my no start issue?

KMT

To check if fuel is being loaded into the system at the engine, look for a vertical capped off Schrader valve on the metal fuel rail, where 35th noted.

Turn the key on, engine off, to build fuel pressure, then momentarily press down on the center of the valve, like if you wanted to release air from a tire. Use caution when/if fuel shoots out...

Connect a gauge to check readings. Key-on/engine off pressure should be approx 35+. Engine running at idle, bit lower, 30+; goes up under boost. Pressure can be expected to climb with engine off as the fuel in the rail warms up and expands. A good system should hold pressure, at least for a while, and not drop quickly.
1652139608454.png

DOUG H

SCCoA Member
KMT is correct, you cant mix up connectors on the D.I.S., I wonder if he meant he mixed up the wires on the coil?

NoahF2001

To check if fuel is being loaded into the system at the engine, look for a vertical capped off Schrader valve on the metal fuel rail, where 35th noted.

Turn the key on, engine off, to build fuel pressure, then momentarily press down on the center of the valve, like if you wanted to release air from a tire. Use caution when/if fuel shoots out...

Connect a gauge to check readings. Key-on/engine off pressure should be approx 35+. Engine running at idle, bit lower, 30+; goes up under boost. Pressure can be expected to climb with engine off as the fuel in the rail warms up and expands. A good system should hold pressure, at least for a while, and not drop quickly.
View attachment 96932
Thanks for the great information.
KMT is correct, you cant mix up connectors on the D.I.S., I wonder if he meant he mixed up the wires on the coil?
Yeah I meant on the coil. Right next to the valve I checked for gas in. Confirmed gas and corrected the wires and it wants to start. It’ll fire in like one cylinder but won’t keep going. Gonna check all sparkplugs tomorrow maybe I’ll have it running lmao.