1992 thunderbird SC Fog lights not working

DannyS

Checked all the fuses and they are all good , what else could be the problem. If anyone has the relay diagram of the switch for the fog lights could you please provide it ?

Your 1992 doesn't use one...the fog lights go thru the headlight switch.

I would start by checking for power on the fog light rocker switch in the console, then pull the dash cluster bezel and check for white power under the headlight switch. Note if you decide to get a new one, there are two different switches depending on if you have automatic headlights.

See this thread for info on re-wiring if it comes to that:

As for wiring diagrams, I recommend picking up an EVTM (wiring manual) off eBay for your year SC...a must for the SC owner.

Good luck.

If the car is new to you, maybe you didn't realize the low beam headlight's (won't work on high) need to be on in order for fog's to work?
Does the switch light up? at least that would prove there is power supply to it.

it is new to me but yes I am aware about it having to be on the low beams in order for the fog lamps to work . I’m not sure about the switch lighting up I was just pushing it back and forth a couple times without really paying attention , I’ll check later today though . My guess is that it’s probably the actual bulbs

I do agree with KMT, I'd get a copy of the 1992 EVTM.

Fog light circuit isn't that complicated, but it 'll come in handy for any other issues that you may encounter in the future with the car.
Engine controls, ABS, ARC, alarm, auto dim, keyless, etc. Stuff that's specific to this model.

I do agree with KMT, I'd get a copy of the 1992 EVTM.

Fog light circuit isn't that complicated, but it 'll come in handy for any other issues that you may encounter in the future with the car.
Engine controls, ABS, ARC, alarm, auto dim, keyless, etc. Stuff that's specific to this model.
going to pick one up ASAP , it’s pretty hard finding anything for these cars online with the exception of TCCOA & SCCOA which are super useful and great communities so the EVTM is going to be a big help .

Back