1995 Ford Thunderbird

Trunk Monkey submitted a new Showcase Item:

1995 Ford Thunderbird

My one and only Thunderbird. I purchased this car brand new in September of 1994. My first major upgrade to the car was a complete suspension rebuild completed in January of 2007. With the assistance of, and a special thanks to Jason (FordPartsCounter) and the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP, I added the 3.73 gears and J-mod in May 2007.
In January 2008 I bought the rims and had them installed on the car in May of 2008; it took me some time to save the money for tires.

After almost 15 years the stock engine was retired in August of 2009 at just over 205,000 original owner miles and replaced with a 2004 Explorer PI motor with an SVO Supercharger.

These upgrades yielded a 116% increase in HP, a 63.7% increase in torque and an improvement of 3 seconds in the quarter-mile over the old N/A engine.

2012: The year of the new Bird

Besides having the car painted this year I snuck in a few changes to the suspension and under the new hood. Once again, with the guidance and assistance of the Carolina Crew Chief the new Trunk Monkey Racing Thunderbird was born. To my knowledge, the only Trick Flow / SVO MN12 Thunderbird in existence anywhere.

2013: The upgrades continued

In 2013 the half-shafts were upgraded with DSS Level 5 shafts, the Mark VIII LCA's were installed in back with DLF bushings and drag bags were also installed. In addition to the rear end rebuild the car was converted to run E85. Stay tuned for an even faster 1/4 mile as we continue to dial in the new set up!

Thanks for checking out my garage.

-TM

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back