2018 Shootout Dyno competition / sign-ups

Kurt K

SCCoA Member
As David mention, I will be handling the DYNO competition again this year. (As he also mentioned, I am out of town on business and will give limited replies.) I will not be running around tracking people down when it is their turn. I'm not going to try to guess timeslots, so the signup list will be only an ordered list (if you don't want to run in the morning, chose a higher number). Participants (or representative) will be expected to check-in with me (or my designee) at the dyno 1 or 2 cars prior to their slot to ensure that they will be ready. If the participant cannot be ready for their anticipated slot, they must inform the next 2 participants on the list that they are being bumped forward....the delayed participant will be moved behind the 2nd car (example: car 1 is not ready. They inform cars 2 and 3. The new order will be 2,3,1,4,5....). If a participant is more than 5 minutes late for their slot, they will be considered a No-Show and will be moved to the back of the line. If a no-show participant that was moved to the back of the line cannot complete their dyno pulls because the dyno operation time has expired, there will be no refund.

I will be trying something new this year and have not talked to anybody else about this (or the dyno operator). This year, I'd like each participant to get two copies of the dyno sheet and then deliver one to me to be entered into the competition. Please include the particulars for which class you are participating in. If we cannot get two printed copies, just bring me your sheet and I'll take a picture of it. This is a lot of work and I'd like to check out the show field in a bit more detail than usual.

I believe we will start around 10:00 am or maybe a little later. Reply to this thread with the position you want. Currently, there aren't enough people to fill the slots, so if there is a gap the list will be compressed.

The list below is only for people that have already paid to be in the the dyno competition. If everything runs smoothly, it might be possible to add additional cars at the Shootout for a increased cost to be paid at the Shootout.
Registered Dyno Participants:

1. Smitty
  2. Vining
  3. Ralph Graul
  4. Ikey M
  5. David Neibert
  6. open
  7. open
  8. open
  9. open
  10. bumpskier45
  11. Royer
  12. David Clark

Last edited:
The list below is only for people that have already paid to be in the the dyno competition. If everything runs smoothly, it might be possible to add additional cars.....

With your permission, I am starting a list of people who didn't register in a timely fashion and would like to be wait-listed for the dyno, should any of those slots open up. There should be order so that Kurt doesn't have to go looking for people who might be interested. People on this list will have to be available during the days dyno runs so that Kurt does not have to go chase you should slots become available, or, as Kurt may determine the rules to be and edits or eliminates this entire post!

Non-Registered Dyno Wait List
1. Ira Robinson

Last edited:
  1. Smitty
  2. Vining
  3. Ralph Graul
  4. Ikey M
  5. open
  6. open
  7. open
  8. open
  9. open
  10. open
  11. Royer
  12. David Clark
Updated....

Last edited:
And get what looks to be the cool early morning air! :)

Exactly, my thoughts exactly sir. I will get the bathtub warmed up to heat my bottle to the proper pressure by 10:00 easily!

Hell, I could even bring a small cooler with hot water in it down to the Dyno and put the bottle in the car at the last minute! 1000 psi here I come!

Car Wash area issue.

Kurt,
We may have to look at moving the car wash area from where it was last year as it got the entrance to the Dyno very wet and caused a few issues with backing onto the Dyno.

Perhaps it can be moved around the corner towards the tent so the water run off doesn't interfere with the Dyno portion of the day.

Not sure where another water connection would be, but hopefully there would be another one in a different location away from the front of the building and closer to the back.

Just a thought remembering last year.

I agree with smitty it was very counterproductive to run through a bunch of soapy water before backing up the dyno

Back