4.6 2V swap dream list

Wile E. Coyote Jr.

The physical layout of the wires? Theyre no more difficult than a 5.0 or a 4.6. Hell on the 5.0s you have to remove the upper intake to do anything with the harness. And the IRCMS are the same location on every other MN12.

Your bent pulley is odd. And idk how you could have installed the HB wrong since its keyd to the crank shaft. But if the key came off with the old HB, then maybe.

Your car Im guessing is an auto. You have to have someone hold the flywheel with a screw driver or something while you tighten the bolt. Thats on every car thats an auto.

(You will need to change your transmission if going with a 4.6, different bellhousing)

Lastly, the tuning. I guess I shouldnt use EECV or EECIV as terms.

Your computer being an OBD1 means nothing for it tuning wise, because our OBD2 computers now require the same things. HP tuners no loner supports Fords older than 2005 unless its a 99 cobra or an 01 Panther chassis. Same with a recent update to Binary Editor. TunerProRT, what I use, still works and I CAN use a plug in, but isnt able to do proper data logging of the system anyway. SCT is the only other option that I know of. So you either are buying a $500 chip, or a $500 hand held. And they no longer support emission system cancelations unless you have the actual pro software and can tune it yourself. That package cost a grand. Atleast when I was looking back in Jan/Feb of this year.

Trekie47

SCCoA Member
This would have been an edit to my original post above, but for some reason this forum has editing limits. Which is weird.

i read your other message. Please walk us through your diag of the no start situation. If you broke the HB first thing Id say is the crank sensor is damaged. If its not, Im going to assume you had to pull the timing cover off to get pieces of the HB off the crank shaft. If thats the case, unplug the CAM sensor and try again. Youll need to crank it three times before it starts with an unplugged cam sensor. If it starts, remove the cam sensor, put the engine at C#1 TDC compression, align the cam sensor, and reinstall it. Same thing happened on my 89 SC when I first got it.
A new ICM did not do the trick, but while I was kneeled over and sobbing into the engine bay I spotted this broken connection, which I'm assuming is a ground strap, and I think might have been ripped apart when I dropped the AC Compressor to get easier access to the passanger side plugs. Could this be the cause of my no spark woes?

Attachments

• 20220507_135545.jpg
    20220507_135545.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 6

Trekie47

SCCoA Member
Your bent pulley is odd. And idk how you could have installed the HB wrong since its keyd to the crank shaft. But if the key came off with the old HB, then maybe.
this is a previous post about the bad pulley. I know for a fact that the new balancer is slotted onto the key I just not sure if it is properly seated all the way.