89-93 and 94-95 Alternator differences?

Kevin92

Is there any difference from the earlier SC alternators and the later model SC's? I have a earlier model SC and I noticed on rockauto they have a better selection for the later model SC's. And also will the 130 amp work as well?

Not certain but I would imagine that the wiring is different other wise the part numbers would cross reference now if your able to rewire different pig tails and things on it then it would be just up to how it mounts I'd imagine that part is probably the same but you have to ensure they use the same diameter and grove count for the serpentine belt

Dan (DDUBB) said they work the same so I went ahead and ordered the Motorcraft 130amp one for the 1994. I got the old one out, part should be in by sat.

Attachments

• Resized_20220922_132314.jpeg
    Resized_20220922_132314.jpeg
    956 KB · Views: 8
If I am not mistaking they are all Mitsubishi units, Keep an eye on alignment of the pulley, hopefully they provide one, I know some shafts used a pulley spacer/washer. I forget the reason.

Heres a more detailed thread for reading.https://www.tccoa.com/threads/alternator-differences-89-93-and-94-95.193485/page-3#post-2102373

Back