89 Manual Transmission M5R2 and parts

dthompson

I will be selling my M5R2 transmission and related bits. Everything is still in the car, but I wanted to get this out there in case any of you guys were in the market for some of these parts.
Do you need a bunch of parts for your manual swap? Need a good shifting trans? I am selling these parts because I need a stronger transmission and I don't want to destroy this perfectly good transmission when I start to turn things up. I plan on pulling the transmission out late spring unless someone wants the transmission sooner.

M5R2 RKE: I refreshed this myself a few years ago using Mike Pucketts Carbon Fiber Blockers on 1-4. Shifts great. This transmission includes a B&M short throw shifter, and the slave cylinder that is installed (7-8 years old, but does not leak). I prefer not to separate unless the person who buys the transmission does not want the shifter. $800 with the shifter.

Centerforce DF clutch used: The pressure plate is about 7-8years old with ~5k miles on it. The disc is much newer with with approx 1k miles on it. $150

New spare slave cylinder, I bought a spare slave cylinder probably back in 2015 from NAPA. It doesnt have a box, but it has never been installed. $30

Clutch master, new and used: Original clutch master is what is in the car now. I also have a spare centric one. both for $30

Hydraulic line: Plastic OE style hydraulic line. Its a couple years old, I replaced the original one with this one as the clip at the slave gets crappy over time. This one works great and disconnects easily as it should. $20

Aluminum 3.5" drive shaft: $250

I also have a stock flywheel if someone is wanting to do a swap or just needs one $30

All prices are assuming you can pick up. I live in the Raleigh NC area. Pictures available upon request.

Thanks,
Derek

Looking to swap an M5R2 into my 5.0, been digging around for parts for the last few days, and this post here is seems like nothing short of a jackpot for what I'm trying to do. I trust everything you're letting go still works as they should?

Looking to swap an M5R2 into my 5.0, been digging around for parts for the last few days, and this post here is seems like nothing short of a jackpot for what I'm trying to do. I trust everything you're letting go still works as they should?
Yes everything works as it should. It's all still in the car currently, but can be removed at any time if you are interested.

Frost, if you have any questions on doing the swap feel free to ask, I've done it twice. One main thing is to make sure you get the correct flywheel, you'll need 164 tooth 50oz balance if you're running a stock rotating assembly, the sc flywheel is neutral. Other than that this is a score for a swap like you're doing.

Frost, if you have any questions on doing the swap feel free to ask, I've done it twice. One main thing is to make sure you get the correct flywheel, you'll need 164 tooth 50oz balance if you're running a stock rotating assembly, the sc flywheel is neutral. Other than that this is a score for a swap like you're doing.
yeah, thats a good catch. the SC flywheel will not work for a stock 5.0.

Pictures added above. Since several people have asked, the clutch pedal assembly is not for sale.

As I removed parts, I noticed that I modified the attachment of the clutch pedal/master cylinder a few years ago. I had a problem with the plastic clip breaking while driving so I made a more reliable solution. The spare master cylinder has the stock style plastic clip if you prefer that. If you want to modify your clutch pedal like mine, see here... https://www.sccoa.com/forums/threads/clutch-pedal-linkage-repair.138512/

Back