89 Sc egr transducer or egr pressure sensor

dirtybirdy89

I inherited a 89 Sc auto from my Unlce who bought it new in 1989. Very good looking car. But it doesn't run as good as it looks. I noticed on the egr pressure sensor there a hose or line that not connected to anything. Does anyone know where it goes? It has to receive egr sample to operate right? Not sure where or what goes to it. Please help . Thank you

Would be helpful if you could possilby upload a pic of it not sure if the SCs have a vacuum hose like the 4.6 lx but I would imagine they did (mine was already by passed when i got it)

This photo is from ebay. The hose has to connect somewhere. It wouldn't make sense if it didn't. I love this car just hate working on it

Not sure of the connection off the top of my head.

But to your other question (has to receive egr sample to operate right?) The answer to that is no. Infact it's rather popular to delete EGR on these cars given the knuckle busting location.

I've deleted the system and several SCs and a check engine light is all that happens.

-Tim

Well I ment to say the sensor will not input the position of the egr if the tube is connected to anything related to exhaust gas receculation system. I'm a professional body man/painter/mechanic since 1997. I'd old school and would prefer that this vehicle remains 100% original. Thanks for you help anyway. Happy holidays!

Look for a port on the EGR tube, just downstream from the EGR valve... I think it's just a heat-reinforced vacuum line, not a combustion sample port..?

Vacuum maps that accurately detail our engines are hard to find BTW

1671990711517.jpeg

I'd old school...

Funny, I can remember when 'old school' meant no need for that 'darn pesky new fangled emissions crap' ;)

Here is a 1989, 90 setup, using a PFE system. (Pressure Feedback System), with a single hose to the EGR exhaust tube. The dual exhaust hoses were used on the later DPFE, (Differential Pressure Feedback EGR), systems.

Attachments

• IMG_20221130_165329405_HDR (Medium).jpg
    IMG_20221130_165329405_HDR (Medium).jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 16
Look for a port on the EGR tube, just downstream from the EGR valve... I think it's just a heat-reinforced vacuum line, not a combustion sample port..?

Funny, I can remember when 'old school' meant no need for that 'darn pesky new fangled emissions crap' ;)
Lol nice build. We didn't go to the same school. Hahaha I can start posting pics of my custom stuff I just like to keep this factory because of sentimental rreasons. To bad you're emmisssion control device pictured here is a later design then what I have

View attachment 97756

Mom yummy

Feel obliged to note that it seems the current SC owner's motive to disable EGR is perhaps driven more by a dearth of OE replacement tubes etc. than any personal disdain for what in this case was a bandaid scheme by the manuf. Possessing a Calif. Emissions Control Certificate way back in the day often meant I was routinely paid/mandated to 'correct' casual attempts to avoid $$ to make things 'legal'.

And while I'm all about retaining such controls, when it comes to keeping cars like ours on the road vs. feeding the crusher, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Ken

Feel obliged to note that it seems the current SC owner's motive to disable EGR is perhaps driven more by a dearth of OE replacement tubes etc. than any personal disdain for what in this case was a bandaid scheme by the manuf. Possessing a Calif. Emissions Control Certificate way back in the day often meant I was routinely paid/mandated to 'correct' casual attempts to avoid $$ to make things 'legal'.

And while I'm all about retaining such controls, when it comes to keeping cars like ours on the road vs. feeding the crusher, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Ken
I'm can relate more now that I own a really cool old Ford!

Best regards Sir
Db.89

Reactions: KMT
Back