89 Super Coupe engine to 68 Mustang

7shelby

I have a 1989 Super Coupe that is really rusty. I am wanting to remove the driveline and install it in a 1968 Mustang California Special. The CS was originally a T code six-cylinder and I am wanting to do a resto-mod with the Super Coupe driveline. Has anyone ever had any experience in this area? I have restored Mustang's for over 40 years, but have never done this type of retrofit.

SC engines have been swapped into Rangers, Mustangs, dune buggies, planes, and so on. It's easy enough to do with a complete donor to work from. That said, I can think of a very long list of engines that would be less of a headache, provide higher resale value, and be more at home in your '68.

As much as 8 agree with you racecougar I can see what and why 7shelby is looking this route its simple he's already got an SC driveline

I have been thinking of doing the same thing for awhile now. I was just Talking to a mechanic about it yesterday.
He thought the shocks towered would have to be cut and upgraded to accommodate the larger 3.8 engine.
No idea if it is true

Well the block and heads aren't really the issue in size but the accessories on the front of the engine ic tubes and things...

The accesary drive seems wider but maybe it's not just going off memory which isn't the best at 7:50 am ha

Back